I Don't Understand...

Faytaya

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My tank is cycled. My khulI loaches are healthy. I have a blackwater tank...and my betta is dead. I did water changes, added almond leaf...was I too late? What happened? Is it my tap water? If it was, the khulis are more sensitive...they should have gotten sick first. My ammonia read at .25, but it always has...it was ammonium at a ph of 6.5 - 6. What the heck happened? I did everything I could to save him and still lost him. My poor cali... rest in peace buddy.

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Do you know the pH of the water that your betta was in before you added him to the tank? I suspect that it might be a pH shock or a poor quality betta.

slowdown

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
How long did you have him before he died?

OP
Faytaya

Faytaya

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Crispii said:
Do you know the pH of the water that your betta was in before you added him to the tank? I suspect that it might be a pH shock or a poor quality betta.
I'm beginning to suspect PH shock myself. We moved to a house under a different water district. He didn't get sick until I did my weekly maintenance...

slowdown said:
How long did you have him before he died?
More than a month

slowdown

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So much for that theory. I'm sorry about your fish. I lost a Betta unexpectedly years ago and I think it was from a water parameter issue. They are more sensitive to it than I'd realized.

jdhef

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm very sorry for your loss

New Threads