I don't know what to name my new beta

1. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

Okay so I got yet another beta! He is in my 10gal tank with my fry, ghost shrimp and snails. He likes to chase the fry every once in a while, but never nips. He also loves to flash his fins at me when I get near(not in an aggressive way). Here is the problem. I don't know what I should call him.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]https://vimeo.com/169569227

2. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Wow, that's a lot of fry in the tank with him. Hope the bioload isn't too much and he won't be stressed out by them.

What about something simple, like Bert?

3. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

Yea I know:( I want to get rid of some, but no store will take any. They "aren't" allowed.

4. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

You should advertise them on Craigslist and with your local fish clubs through Facebook. In the meantime, I'd rehome your female livebearers so you don't get more.

5. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

I only have one lol I got rid of my others a while ago and my male:). I can't find any fish clubs in Jacksonville.

6. mlportersr Initiate Member

A question about the plants

What is the water plant that is in your tank? It looks a lot like what I had in my guppy tank when I was a kid.

Oh, yes. Your question. How 'bout "Sukarno" or "Bob".

7. Geoff Well Known Member Member

His colors remind me of those rocket pops. Call him Rocket Pop!

8. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

It's hornwort.

Lol no one has said patriot!

9. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

How about Steve Rogers, Aikoku-Sha, Comet, Sunrise?

10. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

Lol comet

11. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Hehe I know it doesn't make much sense, but it makes sense to me... What I was thinking is a comet while the sky is still Blue out, it probably doesn't make sense... It works in my head . :p

12. Phyllie Member Member

Patriot!

Omg! I just read the previous post where you mention that nobody said Patriot! That was the first word that came to mind when I looked at that beautiful betta!

13. lccrabngurl2 Initiate Member

I like to sick with mythical god names( I used to have a poseidon(RIP:( ), but I currently have an awesome little guy named Hercules! Id that's not your thing, go off of his personality or give him an untraditional fish name (those are always awesome!)

Sent from my KFTT using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

14. JaJa Initiate Member

King!

15. Lady Monster Well Known Member Member

He looks tie-dye to me, pretty neat betta you got there :)

16. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

lol yea i couldn't pass him up :). he is to cute looking.
    and sorry to hear about poseidon:(
    king is a crazy name. he does think he is the king of the tank.
    Ikr! he does look tie-dyed. couldn't pass him up you know?:).

17. codyrex97 Well Known Member Member

Hahahahah! Interesting ideas. He's a beauty :3

18. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

Yea!!!! I love him! I also have him in with a baby female. Go ahead say, "you can't do that." And I'll say, " she wasn't getting to the food fast enough in the sorority tank, so I moved her and she is happy as can be with my unknown beta name lol. She is also his girlfriend ;)"

19. codyrex97 Well Known Member Member

I still say Patriot haha. My own little buddy is named Hugo, after Hugo Strange (from the Batman universe)

20. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

You know what I just thought of??! His name should be you see a lol! Means usa hehe.