I don’t know if this is algae or something else?

imyourhuckleberry
I have this white fuzzy stuffin small patches on driftwood and a couple rocks. Any idea what it is and if I should be concerned?

Kathylee
imyourhuckleberry said:
I have this white fuzzy stuffin small patches on driftwood and a couple rocks. Any idea what it is and if I should be concerned?
Normally white bio film will grow all over driftwood. Do you have a pleco? Mine love to eat it. If not, you can take it out and wipe it off when you do weekly tank maintenance. I have it on all my driftwood in multiple tanks. It does not seem to hurt anything.
When I first purchased my driftwood, I let it soak in a big tote bin of water for 30 days (so it would become water logged & sink) and it was SO covered in film, that I had to take it outside & spray it down with a hose. I did that a few times BEFORE setting it in an aquarium.
Now though, I just wipe it off if too much grows.

imyourhuckleberry
Kathylee said:
Normally white bio film will grow all over driftwood. Do you have a pleco? Mine love to eat it. If not, you can take it out and wipe it off when you do weekly tank maintenance. I have it on all my driftwood in multiple tanks. It does not seem to hurt anything.
When I first purchased my driftwood, I let it soak in a big tote bin of water for 30 days (so it would become water logged & sink) and it was SO covered in film, that I had to take it outside & spray it down with a hose. I did that a few times BEFORE setting it in an aquarium.
Now though, I just wipe it off if too much grows.
Thank you!

Top Bottom