I Dont Have Brine Shrimp To Feed My Fry Important

1. RYRYTHEGUY

RYRYTHEGUY Valued Member Member

I have corydoras eggs. I do not have brine shrimp to feed my fry when they hatch. Are there any substitutes for brine shrimp. Please help

2. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

try to get some micro worms off aquabid.com, they should be to you in about two days. These are one of the better foods out there in my experience for fry. Keep them in a little bit of watery oatmeal. for the container you keep them in, put some paper towel for the lid secured by a rubberband. this keeps out the fruit flys and works better than the filter floss some people recommend. Brine shrimp aren't the best fry food since there are studies showing the negative effects of high salt content food on a developing swim bladder.

3. bryangar

bryangar Well Known Member Member

You will have 2 days to be able to get brine shrimp. Once they hatch they feed off their egg sac for 2 days. I’m not sure when they came out but they hatch in 2-3 days. There are many live food for baby fish but brine shrimp is recommended as it has a ton of vitamins and protein that help with the fish growing up healthy. Plus they like to chase the shrimp around. You can try hikari baby fish food and crush it up really fine.

4. OP
    OP
    RYRYTHEGUY

RYRYTHEGUY Valued Member Member

Thank you so much

5. bryangar

bryangar Well Known Member Member

I have never had a problem with this. Inalways rinsed my in a separate container using a napkin or coffee filter to remove any salt.