I didn't get the fish today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aquaphobia, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Aquaphobia

AquaphobiaFishlore LegendMember

I was going to get some fish today from someone who is moving. I brought a 5 gallon container along with me only to find that the 5 fish were 4 convicts and a foot long pleco:shock:

They've been living together in a 10 gallon tank:(

I really don't have the room to keep such beasts even in the short term but what a beautiful fish that Pleco was! He had his sail up and it was at least 3" tall itself!

2. clk89

clk89Fishlore VIPMember

Awe poor fish. I know how you feel I don't have the space for that size either.

3. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

I feel bad for the fish, but it's probably good that you don't rescue any more fish until your last rescues are settled and/or rehomed. You have a rescue problem! ;)

4. OP
    OP
    Aquaphobia

I know! I thought that the fish must be tiny and I could shoehorn them in somewhere or pawn them off on people I know who take in needy fish but this was an impossible situation. That Pleco though! Holy cow. If I could have figured out a way to set up an indoor pond right away I would have done it. What a beautiful fish;D

5. Dondomingo

DondomingoWell Known MemberMember

I know the feeling, I tried to convince a guy to NOT buy 2 more Oscars ....for his other Oscar..in a 40 gallon tank.... /sigh. If I see him again, I'll get his info so you can be prepared to rescue them. :)

6. OP
    OP
    Aquaphobia

LOL! Don't tempt me, I love Oscars;D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice