I did the right Thing Important

1. passion336 Initiate Member

Today I had to sadly swap the first ever tropical fish I brought. but the little bugger wouldnt leave my sunshine platty,

How does this sound for a swap?:

1x male guppy (my first ever!! lol) for 2x female guppys good size aswell !!!

And to add to the great day I was given a pleco from my sister !!!!

Thank you for your advise

kind Regards..

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

im sorry you had to give away your fist fish :( its always hard to do the right thing...but you did sorta the right thing...your tank is so severely overstocked, that you shouldnt be adding anything to it :( and a pleco will add much more trouble with the troubles you have already been having...they are HUGE waste producers....and female guppies will add more babies to the already overstocked tank...

3. passion336 Initiate Member

Hi

Oh
    I have:

1x acf
    1 x male guppy
    2 x female guppys
    1 x male red tux platty
    2 x female red and white tux platty
    1 x fighter (male)
    5 x neon

now I thought how much ive got its alot

how much do you think I should have?

also I'm happy and prepared for babies as I have alot of people who want some.

also do you think a floresent or uv bulbs better?

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

higher tanks, with the fish you have, is harder as they are more horizontal swimmers....although they will tolerate it, the prefer going side to side instead of top to bottom....and your betta, as well as your frog, are top breathers..which means he needs surface air to live and having to go to the top of a taller tank, is much more harder for him :(

bulbs are a preference of an individual and if you have live plants or not, would be another issue to consider

5. passion336 Initiate Member

Yes I have plants the frog sits itself on on of the plants what lead all the way to the top of the tank. he seems to fit in really well, also no he is a bit bigger ive noticed he has no front webed feet???

I didnt think my tank was that tall???

6. Diggly Well Known Member Member

I would listen to Shawnie she is good at giving advice.

I would also advise that bettas need shallower tanks to stop the risk of drowning, they need to breathe air and water also there is a high risk he may decide he has had enough of your other tank mates and attack them or not get enough food as he isnt as quick as your other fish. It is for these reasons that people recommend bettas live alone :).