Votes: 20 47.6%

• Total voters

Mary765

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You know you all want to.

You know you've all opened that pot of flakes and can't help but marvel at the unique smells, even question whether or not a fish flake tastes good for humans.

You can deny it all you want but I know I'm not the only one

So, today I took the liberty of finding out the answers to all our questions... I ate a flake.

Here are my documented results:

• Grainy/bitty
  • Dissolves in the mouth
  • Flavourless at first but leaves an after taste of crackers
  • Each flake colour tasted different. The red ones taste a little like dried beef and the green/yellow ones taste like cardboard.
So there you go! I haven't died yet so for anyone else out there who is as curious and reckless as I am, by all means try this for yourself And for those who aren't stupid but wanted to know the answer nevertheless; you're welcome.

(I have attached below the brand I ate and how much I ate in case you were wondering)

Attachments

Rohit mess

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I tasted it the first day i bought it.
If i had some bigger pellets i may as well had fr ie them along with some ginger, garlic, onion and chilli, and have it on a toast.
I think its normal since it just contains food stuff, Like fish, shrimp, blood worms, crushed shells, etc. And permitted colors and flavour enhancers maybe?
These goes for the nice one and good brands.
Do not try the cheap chinese versions where you have everything printed in chinese or has only two goldfish drawn on it with nothing printed. They taste too dull.

Mary765

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Rohit mess said:
Do not try the cheap chinese versions where you have everything printed in chinese or has only two goldfish drawn on it with nothing printed. They taste too dull.
Eww yeah I wouldn't eat some random Chinese one, It probably has all sorts of chemicals in it

Mary765

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Woah, I didn't realise so many of you also ate flake

Mary765

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
scarface said:
What da frack?!? Y’all are weird.

Science my butt. :emoji_confused:
Aha! I found the denier knew it was just a matter of time before one showed up!

emmysjj

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
What the heck is this thread. Smelling it makes me gag lol. But I admit, i've eaten (and liked) hamster treats and food.

Ms rose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Mary765 said:
You know you all want to.

You know you've all opened that pot of flakes and can't help but marvel at the unique smells, even question whether or not a fish flake tastes good for humans.

You can deny it all you want but I know I'm not the only one

So, today I took the liberty of finding out the answers to all our questions... I ate a flake.

Here are my documented results:

• Grainy/bitty
  • Dissolves in the mouth
  • Flavourless at first but leaves an after taste of crackers
  • Each flake colour tasted different. The red ones taste a little like dried beef and the green/yellow ones taste like cardboard.
So there you go! I haven't died yet so for anyone else out there who is as curious and reckless as I am, by all means try this for yourself And for those who aren't stupid but wanted to know the answer nevertheless; you're welcome.

(I have attached below the brand I ate and how much I ate in case you were wondering)
i did it. i tasted my tadpole pellets as well lol

Mary765

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
emmysjj said:
What the heck is this thread. Smelling it makes me gag lol. But I admit, i've eaten (and liked) hamster treats and food.
Me and my sister always used to think the yellow, green and orange skittles when combined tasted like how hamster food smelled.. but we never ate hamster food.

Ms rose said:
i did it. i tasted my tadpole pellets as well lol
You have tadpoles???!!!

I caught 4 in my local river once and all 4 grew up into tiny golden frogs before dying because I didn't know what to feed them

JoeCamaro

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Please report if there are any side effects, like breathing underwater or wanting to school with other humans.

PS
I haven't eaten fish food, but I tried bunny food when I was a kid.

Mazeus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I don't fancy trying the microworm culture I have. It's a bit smelly but the fish love it!

Ms rose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Mary765 said:
You have tadpoles???!!!

I caught 4 in my local river once and all 4 grew up into tiny golden frogs before dying because I didn't know what to feed them
no, i have african dwarf frog, they are tadpole and aquatic frog pellets

emmysjj

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Mary765 said:
Me and my sister always used to think the yellow, green and orange skittles when combined tasted like how hamster food smelled.. but we never ate hamster food.
I love the papaya Kaytee treats.
My friend used to come over and steal my rice puffs so I got her some.
And Oxbow smells like iced tea!

Mary765

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
JoeCamaro said:
Please report if there are any side effects, like breathing underwater or wanting to school with other humans.

PS
I haven't eaten fish food, but I tried bunny food when I was a kid.
I will don't worry! And I most certainly won't want to school with other humans (I'm an introvert lol) I have been feeling a little surreal but I was feeling that yesterday before I tried flake too.

I have bunnies but never thought to try a pellet; too crunchy. I've eaten some of their stale bread though!

emmysjj said:
I love the papaya Kaytee treats.
My friend used to come over and steal my rice puffs so I got her some.
And Oxbow smells like iced tea!
Ive had some budgie food before, including seed mix and egg biscuit. Tastes about how you would expect, except I couldn't chew the seeds.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom