10 Gallon Tank I did it all wrong before ..help me get it right!

Poppin22

Hello everyone! Super excited to be here! I was a fish parent many years ago and I've decided to rejoin the trenches! As a newbie, since I'm sure I was doing nothing right but at the time had hardy fish!
I've purchased a 10 gal tank kit. Leaf Zone, stress Zyme, substrate, stress coat and root tabs! Plus a better light! I've learned I'll need a test kit and pure Ammonia..
Any words of advice?

Dunk2

Welcome to Fishlore!

Test kit: API Master Test kit.
Ammonia: Be certain it’s pure. NO surfactants! Or Dr. Tim’s ammonium chloride.
Read this if you’re not familiar with the nitrogen cycle.

Research before buying fish!

StarGirl

Welcome to Fishlore! :)

I would add a bottle of Seachem Prime dechlor to Dunk2 's list! I know you have the stress coat but sometimes you just need regular dechlor. ;)

awilkinson871

Welcome to the site. Return the leaf zone. It does not have all the nutrients that plants need. If you have enough plants to need a liquid fertilizer get an all-in-one that has micro and macro nutrients. Research all plants and fish before you buy to know if they will work with the tank size, water parameters and other occupants of the tank. And lastly, be patient. Nothing good happens overnight.

Poppin22

Welcome to Fishlore!

Test kit: API Master Test kit.
Ammonia: Be certain it’s pure. NO surfactants! Or Dr. Tim’s ammonium chloride.
Read this if you’re not familiar with the nitrogen cycle.

Research before buying fish!
I have Dr. Tim's in my Amazon cart! I'll definitely buy it now.
Welcome to the site. Return the leaf zone. It does not have all the nutrients that plants need. If you have enough plants to need a liquid fertilizer get an all-in-one that has micro and macro nutrients. Research all plants and fish before you buy to know if they will work with the tank size, water parameters and other occupants of the tank. And lastly, be patient. Nothing good happens overnight.
Thank you, I will look for something better!

HupGupp

Welcome back! It can be hard to d
(whoops)... do, but go slow and be patient!

Poppin22

Welcome back! It can be hard to d
(whoops)... do, but go slow and be patient!
Thank you! I'm learning to just take my time. I usually go in fast and strong.. but I'm understanding the process here to get better results.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
bored411
Replies
Views
barbiespoodle
Replies
Views
RayClem
40 Gallon Tank New Fish Mom
Replies