i did it! 55 Gallon Saltwater Setup

Discussion in 'Saltwater Aquarium Setup' started by melovefish, Jan 9, 2013.

1. melovefishValued MemberMember

ive got my first sw tank up and running with fish in it! its a 55 gallon with a aquaclear 50 and a emperror 400. led lighting its a fish only tank with like 30 pounds of live rock temp 77 and i have 2 clowns and 3 chromises. more fish to come!

2. Tigress HillWell Known MemberMember

Congratulations!:D

3. SugarJunkeeValued MemberMember

Awesome! I bet you'll get a lot of joy out of that. We hope to set one up down the road... my hubby saw a mandarin goby and a few others. Seems so daunting to start and upkeep a saltwater, so cheers to your success!!

4. steve_58Valued MemberMember

Congrats and good luck Melovefish.If you don't have them already get your self a bunch of hermit crabs and snails for clean up. A pin cushion urchin is nice to once tank is established to help with algae. maybe put a power head or two in it for good circulation. One at each end of tank. I had a 75 g saltwater for 4 yrs and never ran filters and charcoal. I don't run filter in my 8g bio-cube either.

Also mandarin gobies are nice looking but most times they starve to death after a few weeks or monthes unless theres a real good copipod and ampipod population in tank.

5. monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

You should know the rules by know dude... pictures!!!!

6. ZiabisWell Known MemberMember

Pictures please...

7. KrazyNuttNew MemberMember

Congrats and welcome to the Saltwater world. Just a word to the wise be prepared to clean those filters once or twice a week to keep Nitrates down your goal will be <10 ppm. Cuz a lot of marine fish can not handle Nitrates. And as everyone else said pics please lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice