I.d Help Please

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by Damo2439, Apr 14, 2017.

1. D

Damo2439 New Member Member

[​IMG]
    Anyone know what these guys are? Very similar to my Norman lameye's except they have an orange tint to them and what I presume are the males are slightly bigger more colourful with longer fins and an extra 2 little fun type things just behind the top of there heads. Tia

2. Ed204

Ed204 Well Known Member Member

3. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Hello!

Maybe a pseudomugil red neon/pseudomugil paskai red neon (people are working out the details of the specific epithet)

4. Ed204

Ed204 Well Known Member Member

I don't think that's it. The fish in the picture should have a more thinner and longer body structure.

5. James17

James17 Well Known Member Member

I've seen those recently, cant seem to find it right now. Maybe a Blue Eye rainbow fish of some kind.

6. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

Yes, they are Red Neon Blue Eyes. The species has very recently been described, as Pseudomugil luminatus, Allen, Unmack and Hadiaty, 2016. I've bred them, much as you would any of the small Blue Eyes, they are not picky about water. I used Riccia as spawning medium, the tiny fry would come out when they got big enough to not get eaten.

7. OP
    OP
    D

Damo2439 New Member Member

You guys are awesome, thanks for your help, beautiful lil fish especially under my t5 blue light

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice