I could have a lot more tanks . . .

JettsPapa

. . . if I didn't have so many books.

0924202036.jpg

Demonskid

That is how I wish my manga collection looked like.. One day.. one day.

Nice book collection!

Betta'sAnonymous

Both are worthwhile pursuits! However, i have a hard time keeping books. There have been a few hoarders in my family over the years and when they passed guess who had to help clean out houses?

I do tend to make heavy use of my library card though. When i end up with books given to me or buy some from a garage sale, we have like 2 or 3 of those "little free libraries" within about 4 blocks of me so i just donate them to those.

JettsPapa

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Both are worthwhile pursuits! However, i have a hard time keeping books. There have been a few hoarders in my family over the years and when they passed guess who had to help clean out houses?

I do tend to make heavy use of my library card though. When i end up with books given to me or buy some from a garage sale, we have like 2 or 3 of those "little free libraries" within about 4 blocks of me so i just donate them to those.
I can see where that could be a problem, but mine are all on those shelves and not scattered around the house (with the exception of a few set aside that I'll be reading in the next few days). I also don't have a problem getting rid of a book if I didn't care for it much, or didn't finish it. I only keep the ones I'll read again. There are some on those shelves I've had for 40+ years, that have been read multiple times. There are also a few there that are older than I am.

Betta'sAnonymous

JettsPapa said:
I can see where that could be a problem, but mine are all on those shelves and not scattered around the house (with the exception of a few set aside that I'll be reading in the next few days). I also don't have a problem getting rid of a book if I didn't care for it much, or didn't finish it. I only keep the ones I'll read again. There are some on those shelves I've had for 40+ years, that have been read multiple times. There are also a few there that are older than I am.
I usually have a few books around. Mainly book series that can be hard to find at the library. And usually a copy of The Hobbit since i have read just that book so many times...and my super dog eared copy of a Haynes repai manual for my truck.

Top Bottom