I clearly need more self-control

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Gordinian, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Gordinian

Gordinian Well Known Member Member

First of all, happy holidays fishlore!

So my uncle got me a petco giftcard for christmas this year- bad choice, but, works for me XD And let me just say that I truly intended to get some new decorations for my corn snake with this!

Well, I'm checking out the bettas (wait, how did I end up there?!?) when I see the sadest looking betta I've ever seen, with fin damage, and floating near the surface (though it's hard to tell what's the surface in those tiny cups). Now, I would normally never get sick bettas like this, but he reminded me SO much of my little Gordon (I've decided to rename Troopaloop) when I first got him that I couldn't just leave him there.

I acclimated him to my 5 gallon after adding a fourth section to my 20 long for Gordon, who was in the 5 gallon before. As soon as I let him out of his little cup he was all over the tank like he's never had so much room in his life (which he probably hasn't).

Now for a question: his fins are damaged, but it doesn't look like any fin rot that I've seen. It's more like his fins are shriveled up. What should I do? Do you think good water conditions will be enough?

Pictures coming soon, just know that he's not as handsome as he should be :/ I've decided to stick with the Supernatural theme I've got going with my bettas, and named him Sammy ;D

2. Ziggi

Ziggi Well Known Member Member

While I can't really answer your question (my experience with my gourami's shredded tail says good water and vitachem will work wonders), Congrats:D I'm usually the person who goes in for dogfood and leaves with fish stuff... "oh oops, forgot the dog food, better grab some treats too for forgiveness... ooooo Rams" :p So I relate toowell to the "Wait how did I end up there" - line! Cant wait for the pics!

3. OP
    OP
    Gordinian

I'm sad to report that Sammy didn't make it through the night :( I guess I knew it might happen, but I was hoping I could turn him around. I'm just happy I got to give him a paradise to live out his last day in.

4. Ziggi

Ziggi Well Known Member Member

Awe! :console: I'm sorry to hear that!

5. Novemayune

Novemayune Valued Member Member

Aw, poor Sammy - sorry for your loss, but indeed a day in paradise to end his life!

6. OP
    OP
    Gordinian

Well, I brought that one back because it was still under fishy-warranty. Since I had already made the room in my tanks, I picked up this little guy!

027.jpg

Only a couple hours in the tank and he's already bubblenesting :D

033.jpg 034.jpg

His name is Victor ;D

7. t

tress29 Valued Member Member

Nice crown tail!

8. OP
    OP
    Gordinian

Even bigger today!

005.jpg 006.jpg

The little nerd went on a rampage just after I took the pictures, and started flaring at his neighbors. There are now a few holes in the nest :giggle:

9. OP
    OP
    Gordinian

Oh lord.... I think I have a problem.

Here's Gabriel!

004.jpg 005 (2).jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice