I Can't Wait! Getting Senegal Bichir

CaptainAquatics

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,331
Reaction score
1,659
Location
USA
Experience
4 years
HI all! I can't wait, I have a friend who knows a fishstore owner and I am working with him to get a dream fish of mine. I am working to get.... a SEGONAL BICHIR!!!!! I have wanted one of these for so long and I finally have a good setup for one. I plan to put him with my flowerhorn in my 40 gallon breeder and eventually move him to my 130. I have wanted this fish for a year or two now and I can finally get one. The best part: I am working on getting him in at the size of 6-7 inches long! I can't wait, anything you guys might want to tell me that I might not know. I know their general diet, and there general care but are there some little known facts I should know about (I also know they have teeth and they can do some damage).
 

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
4,881
Reaction score
3,486
Location
Guatemala
Experience
1 year
CaptainAquatics said:
HI all! I can't wait, I have a friend who knows a fishstore owner and I am working with him to get a dream fish of mine. I am working to get.... a SEGONAL BICHIR!!!!! I have wanted one of these for so long and I finally have a good setup for one. I plan to put him with my flowerhorn in my 40 gallon breeder and eventually move him to my 130. I have wanted this fish for a year or two now and I can finally get one. The best part: I am working on getting him in at the size of 6-7 inches long! I can't wait, anything you guys might want to tell me that I might not know. I know their general diet, and there general care but are there some little known facts I should know about (I also know they have teeth and they can do some damage).
Yay!!
 

Lovecich

Active Member
Member
Messages
149
Reaction score
102
Location
Reston VA
Experience
1 year
There's something about the excitement of adding a prized fish that many of us have had and understand.
Best of luck in this endeavor! Keep us posted!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #5
OP
CaptainAquatics

CaptainAquatics

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,331
Reaction score
1,659
Location
USA
Experience
4 years
Hi! The bichir was ordered yesterday. He should be here in a week or two!
 

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
4,881
Reaction score
3,486
Location
Guatemala
Experience
1 year
CaptainAquatics said:
Hi! The bichir was ordered yesterday. He should be here in a week or two!
Cool! Be sure to send pictures and updates. What do they eat?
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #7
OP
CaptainAquatics

CaptainAquatics

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,331
Reaction score
1,659
Location
USA
Experience
4 years
AJE said:
Cool! Be sure to send pictures and updates. What do they eat?
From my knowledge, krill, beefheart, blood worms, earth worms. Pretty much anything meaty
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
257
Guests online
3,239
Total visitors
3,496

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom