I Can't Wait! Getting Senegal Bichir

CaptainAquatics

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
HI all! I can't wait, I have a friend who knows a fishstore owner and I am working with him to get a dream fish of mine. I am working to get.... a SEGONAL BICHIR!!!!! I have wanted one of these for so long and I finally have a good setup for one. I plan to put him with my flowerhorn in my 40 gallon breeder and eventually move him to my 130. I have wanted this fish for a year or two now and I can finally get one. The best part: I am working on getting him in at the size of 6-7 inches long! I can't wait, anything you guys might want to tell me that I might not know. I know their general diet, and there general care but are there some little known facts I should know about (I also know they have teeth and they can do some damage).

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
CaptainAquatics said:
HI all! I can't wait, I have a friend who knows a fishstore owner and I am working with him to get a dream fish of mine. I am working to get.... a SEGONAL BICHIR!!!!! I have wanted one of these for so long and I finally have a good setup for one. I plan to put him with my flowerhorn in my 40 gallon breeder and eventually move him to my 130. I have wanted this fish for a year or two now and I can finally get one. The best part: I am working on getting him in at the size of 6-7 inches long! I can't wait, anything you guys might want to tell me that I might not know. I know their general diet, and there general care but are there some little known facts I should know about (I also know they have teeth and they can do some damage).
Yay!!

Lovecich

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
There's something about the excitement of adding a prized fish that many of us have had and understand.
Best of luck in this endeavor! Keep us posted!

OP
CaptainAquatics

CaptainAquatics

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hi! The bichir was ordered yesterday. He should be here in a week or two!

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
CaptainAquatics said:
Hi! The bichir was ordered yesterday. He should be here in a week or two!
Cool! Be sure to send pictures and updates. What do they eat?

OP
CaptainAquatics

CaptainAquatics

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
AJE said:
Cool! Be sure to send pictures and updates. What do they eat?
From my knowledge, krill, beefheart, blood worms, earth worms. Pretty much anything meaty

New Threads