I Can't Wait for This to Backfire!

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hagan (one of our dogs) loves to drink out of the guppy tank. That's fine. He also likes to drink out of the jaguar cichlid tank. Hehe. Now he has the BRILLIANT idea to drink out of the 55 gallon electric blue crayfish tank.

I cannot wait for the day he yelps and has a fish or a crayfish hanging from his beard. I just hope I have the camera ready!

For those who don't know, Hagan is a 100lb dog. A fish or a crayfish won't hurt him, but the surprise factor will be a well-needed lesson for him.

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My dogs fall into the ponds pretty often because they try to drink out of them when they are low, or are trying to catch the fish XD They get quite the jolt falling face first into a 2 foot deep body of water

James95

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hahaha that's hilarious

I had a bucket full of crayfish I caught while camping. Our Boxer, being a nosy little terd, was curious about the bucket's contents. Let's just say she whipped her head back and forth until the crayfish let go of her jowl. LOL

Oso

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
My cat is the same way with my 40 gallon :| I'm just waiting for her to fall in one of these days when she jumps up there

James95

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oso said:
My cat is the same way with my 40 gallon :| I'm just waiting for her to fall in one of these days when she jumps up there
Lol, that could get messy! Placing some aluminum foil on your hood should keep her off the tank. Cats hate the sound and feeling of aluminum foil, it's a great feline deterrent.

aquaticat

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Oso said:
Ugh, my cat has come so close. She doesn't usually jump on my 40 gallon but she does on my 10g. More often she just drinks the water I set out for water changes. Luckily the conditioner doesn't seem to hurt her

Oso

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I tried putting plastic bags on top because she is scared of them but even that didn't work

OP
bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
James95-LOVE IT!! Typical boxer, huh?

Akari-I wonder if the fish nibble on them when they fall in. LOL!

Would love to know how you folks are able to keep cats and fish tanks. When we fostered cats, we shut down the tanks upstairs where the cats were. Too many hunters.

aquaticat

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
James95 said:
Lol, that could get messy! Placing some aluminum foil on your hood should keep her off the tank. Cats hate the sound and feeling of aluminum foil, it's a great feline deterrent.
Not mine. My 18 year old cat walked on a covered pan of brownies that I was taking to my grandparents' for Thanksgiving. Let's just say I got several comments on the faint paw prints in the center.

Everythingzen

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Cats don't like the smell of citrus, so if you are a fan of mandarins, oranges or lemons, then leaving the peels on the top of the tank should deter your errant kitties! But then, cats don't like to be told, so they may ignore it and just laugh in your face.

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
BB, I bet if they were in there long enough for the fish to calm back down, they would have eaten the dogs alive XD Crazy goldfish think it's always time to eat lol

aquaticat

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
bolivianbaby said:
James95-LOVE IT!! Typical boxer, huh?

Akari-I wonder if the fish nibble on them when they fall in. LOL!

Would love to know how you folks are able to keep cats and fish tanks. When we fostered cats, we shut down the tanks upstairs where the cats were. Too many hunters.
Well, considering the cat that usually causes trouble is deaf and very stealthy ;nin2 cat!) and could be a real problem I suppose I've just got lucky. My other cat is really fat and not exactly graceful... that big meatloaf...

Tonia

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have a little 5lb wonder of a cat. She was a rescue and loves the tanks.. thinks they are all for her amusement and has discovered Mango the orange betta and thinks his tank is meant to be hers. Luckily all she does is sit beside them and watch the "live tv"

New Threads