I Cant Tell If My Glofish Is Pregnant Or Just Bloated

Slimey
I bought a glofish tetra yesterday and I hadn't noticed it big in the belly so ive been thinking and I can't seem to figure it out please help by telling me if its pregnant or bloated and what do do.

Gypsy13
Hello. Could you post some pictures please?

Slimey
Hello. Could you post some pictures please?
sure I could post a few of her

but also I just fed them and she barely took in any food
maybe like 6 flakes then went back to doing her buisness

20180702_120800.jpg
20180702_120759.jpg

20180702_120759.jpg

Attachments

• 20180702_120759.jpg
    20180702_120759.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 190
Gypsy13
How much has she been eating? What does her poo look like and how often is she going?

jdhef
Tetra's are egg layers, so technically they do not get pregnant. Sometimes egg layers can become egg bound, but sadly I can't tell if that is the problem...sorry.

Gypsy13
Tetra's are egg layers, so technically they do not get pregnant. Sometimes egg layers can become egg bound, but sadly I can't tell if that is the problem...sorry.

Does she look bloated at all?

Slimey
How much has she been eating? What does her poo look like and how often is she going?
she has been eating a lot less than the others and she has a piece of poop stuck inside her analfin I have not seen her poop yet

and her poop is skinny

Gypsy13
she has been eating a lot less than the others and she has a piece of poop stuck inside her analfin I have not seen her poop yet

What color?

Slimey
jdhef
The pictures are not really clear, but it does look bloated.

Slimey
The pictures are not really clear, but it does look bloated.
so what does that mean?

jdhef
I'm not sure, but Gypsy13 asked if the fish looked bloated (she is blind) so I answered her. It could just be constipation, so maybe you could try fasting the fish for a few days, and maybe even feeding pieces of blanched pea, with the skin removed.

Gypsy13
I'm not sure, but Gypsy13 asked if the fish looked bloated (she is blind) so I answered her. It could just be constipation, so maybe you could try fasting the fish for a few days, and maybe even feeding pieces of blanched pea, with the skin removed.

Perfect answer. Thank you.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MissNoodle
Replies
Views
Sam Livingston
Replies
Views
Nellie75
Replies