I can't identify ths disease! how do I treat it?

Fiddlefish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi
For several month's now my betta has had a slow-progressing infection?/raised-area on her analfin and body around that area.
It started as a blue area on her analfin that appeared to be regular coloration. Then it slowly grew and became slightly raised.It continued to grow and the analfin began to shrink in that area and rot. I posted a thread on here but didn't get much help. I still haven't identified it and I can't treat it until I know what it is. I'm not very knowledgeable in bacteria and antibiotics. Last week I moved her into quarantine. I am doing daily water changes and stressgaurd. Somebody told me it may be a tumor and the finrot is it's own thing. I really don't know.
So I was hoping someone on here could maybe identify it and help me know how to treat it?

I really don't want to lose her
Thanks

Sarcasm Included

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I suggest treating with nitrofurazone(furan2), it should take care of the blister and the secondary fin rot. Make sure you keep the water clean, well other than it being yellow from the furan.

Fiddlefish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Okay I finally bough Furan 2 just now. I'll start treating her today. This morning I noticed some clearish fuzzy stuff on her fin, Is this fungus?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom