I can't find a LED hood for a 15 gallon Aqueon tank

FishOverseer909

Ok so I'm planning to move my 7.5 gallon fish tank into a 15 gallon however if I want to keep my current and probably future plants alive I will need a LED hood but I can't find a LED hood all I can find are replacement hoods for that 15 column tank. So can anybody help me?

BigManAquatics

The 15 gallon if i remember right, should be the same dimensions as a 20 tall except the height.

RogueFebreze

Due to the size, I would skip the hood altogether. Hoods are unnecessarily expensive. If I were in your situation, I would just get a tank light off of amazon. I personally use Nicrew planted lights because they are pretty cheap. However, I have heard good things about the aqueon lights and the fluval lights too (Fluval is considerably more expensive though). You can also get a glass lid for less than $40, although that is not always a requirement. I don't use a glass lid on my tank because a) I don't worry about my puffers leaving and b) my room temp is not significantly colder than the tank temp so I don't worry about higher than normal rates of evaporation. Hope this helps!

Revan

Ok so I'm planning to move my 7.5 gallon fish tank into a 15 gallon however if I want to keep my current and probably future plants alive I will need a LED hood but I can't find a LED hood all I can find are replacement hoods for that 15 column tank. So can anybody help me?
I don't use LED hoods, and if you have a 15 gallon, I'd just get a Nicrew as the user above posted. However I do prefer having a hood, so I'd suggest getting a glass hood for the tank. These allow you to have a better top view than normal hoods in my opinion.

FishOverseer909

Due to the size, I would skip the hood altogether. Hoods are unnecessarily expensive. If I were in your situation, I would just get a tank light off of amazon. I personally use Nicrew planted lights because they are pretty cheap. However, I have heard good things about the aqueon lights and the fluval lights too (Fluval is considerably more expensive though). You can also get a glass lid for less than $40, although that is not always a requirement. I don't use a glass lid on my tank because a) I don't worry about my puffers leaving and b) my room temp is not significantly colder than the tank temp so I don't worry about higher than normal rates of evaporation. Hope this helps!
Ok well I personally prefer some sort of a lid so where can I find glass lids

86 ssinit

For my 15 I’ve got a glass top and a vivagrow 24/7 led. Cost around $70

LHAquatics

I think aqueon sells the lids.

RogueFebreze

I'd look on amazon or liveaquaria.com sells them

Revan

I got mine in Petco, but it was made by Aqueon, so it was also available online. Just search up glass aquarium lids, but also include the dimensions.

BlockHead1981

MARINELAND LED Fish Aquarium Light Hood, 24-in - Chewy.com

I had one of these on a 29 gallon, its was great. They last, pretty pricey though but not really if you consider it both a lid and light. Good luck

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
BadhbhCatha
  • Question
Replies
Views
Laura306
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics