I can not sleep

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meenu, Apr 10, 2010.

1. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

:;fru I don't know why they say Ambien isn't addictive.

2. FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

Ummm...Meenu it is...Your body will get adjusted to having it to help it sleep and once you stop it your mind still thinks you need it to sleep. Which is why I dont suggest people using it. It has a similar affect as illegal drugs. You think you need them but you really dont. Try thinking about happy little fishys swimming in the ocean and the soft sounds of waves crashing on the shore....that'll help. XD

3. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

I sleep great when I take it.. ;)

4. FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

Lol well yeah thats what its ment for! But its far better to break yourself from it. Try doign it slowly. Like a whole pill one night. A half a pill the next night. A quarter the next night until you dont need it anymore....or try something else...like Lunesta or Sonata.

5. FlyfrodValued MemberMember

Or just stay up all night posting on here like I do.:p

6. Ay1aValued MemberMember

I usually go to bed about 6 AM and I feel fine. :O But then again I wake up at like 10.
    Not sure what Ambien is but I'm a night person so I love staying up at night, and FL keeps me occupied when everyone is asleep. :D

7. FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

Lol that wont get much done other then add to the addiction of MPS :;br:console:

8. FlyfrodValued MemberMember

Good so I know at least one person is still awake when I am.:;hf

9. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

lol... no kidding. I hang out here, go to FB, go to my favorite author's forum, put the computer down and read for a little while... what I don't do is sleep.

the smaller doses every day is a great idea...

and I can't go to bed a 6am... on weekdays, I have to be at work at 8;30

10. Ay1aValued MemberMember

Ahh, I'm sorry. :( I'm home schooled so my sleeping patterns are pretty out of whack. :p
    But I looked Ambien up and it says it's a mild sedative, maybe you can try to talk to your doctor about trying something else to help?
    Just shut everything off and try and sleep, if you're awake read for 10 minutes, and try to sleep again? It's what I usually do and after about 40 minutes of reading I'm tired.
    Sorry not very experienced with any of this but I hope you can find a solution to sleeping easy soon.
    EDIT: I also put some headphones on and listen to some techno. :D It always calms me down.

11. FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

Meenu you need to get an eletronic noise maker. I have one the settings are Ocean waves, Waterfall, rainforest, Spring rain, and heartbeat....which sounds weird but is nice. I love mine its very relaxing.

12. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

So I have to have a meeting tomorrow about how I'm serving the butter to guests....can't wait to go to work tomorrow. I can't wait to go to vegas! I'm dying to work in a more professional atmosphere. The management philosophy is "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king."

13. ppate1977Well Known MemberMember

I understand how you feel meenu.... I am often up late. Try melatonin, you can get it at any drug store. It has helped me sleep in the past....

14. FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

Lol good quote Jaysee. I agree 100%

15. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

lol
    your meeting is going to be soooooo much fun. Do you have to go in early for it?

16. ppate1977Well Known MemberMember

Jaysee, I really need to speak to you about your butter serving methods. Lol. I work in corporate at a HUGE communications company. Our meetings are not much different. Funny stuff.

17. bubblynutterWell Known MemberMember

hey meenu, a method I use for falling asleep is self meditation. It's not as quirky as it sounds, but I suffer from insomnia quite frequently so use it a lot.

I lay in bed with my eyes closed, and start concentrating intently on my breathing. Try breathing in to a count of 5, then count backwards to 0 making sure you exhale completely.
    Then clear your mind of EVERYTHING. You will find little thoughts wander in, that's ok. Just acknowledge the thoughts and let them go again.

I find I've fallen asleep in about 10 -15 mins. Takes a bit to get used to, but is a wonderful relaxation method!
    Hope it helps... otherwise, see you on FL!! >:D

18. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

Thanks for all of the awesome suggestions. This is the first time in my life I've taken sleeping pills. I had to start when I was in the hospital after the surgery. I'm going to try some of this and see how it goes.

19. navyscubaWell Known MemberMember

Meenu You may wanna try Melatonin is a natural hormone created by the brain to stimulate sleep. My wife used it few times. Here is a good article.

20. FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

Ohhhh Navyscuba why didn't I think of that? lol. Melatonin would be a good alternative to what your using now Meenu.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice