I can feel MTS coming again :O

KonaBoy
I can feel MTS coming again - EDIT: Mission Successful

Do I need another tank? No. Can I afford another tank? Not really But, I was at Wally World, and they had some really classy looking Veil's (never thought I'd say that in the same sentence ) And, I've begun to see the appeal of a nice female Betta, so like any broke college student, off to KijijI I went. I found a 5 Gallon aquarium that had been used for crabs and such, but I inquired anyways. After a few emails, she revealed to me, a 10 Gallon, with a filter and a light (slightly chewed cord), for $15 So I quickly emailed her back saying I'd take it So, now it's a just a wait to find out when I'll be able to get it, buy a heater, and cycle it Just thought I'd share the good news and I'll be sure to update when I hear stuff.

Cory

Narcicius
mts, strikes when we least expect it. Especially when we don't want it to.

KonaBoy
Well, she's coming to town tommorow, and I'm going to see if it's worth getting

COBettaCouple
Hope to be seeing new Betta pics soon.

KonaBoy
Well, I GOT IT

Tank, Light (needs new bulb), Filter, Gravel, Decor, replacement filter media stuff and food shown (shrimp pellets, flake food and algae wafers) for $15 CDN Will most likely just use the flakes to "feed" the tank till I get a Betta for it One quick question on a fast cycle, will putting gravel in the filter with the filter media do anything? I saw this is on another forum, and apparently it sparks the bacteria to grow even faster? Anyways, now onto some quick photo's I just shot.

Tank itself

With all the free "goodies"

I'm wicked excited to go rescue another Betta Hopefully a female this time, I know one place in town had them a few times...

EDIT: Lights work, didn't have the power bar turned on because I didn't want to hurt the filter Also, I emailed a local store, and they said this wednesday they were getting a shipment of Betta's, and she asked for a few females for me I'm only getting one, she just wants to give me options

_Fried_Bettas_
I see the attraction of having a female betta, they are very pretty too, it is a shame that so many must be culled because of low demand for them. Unfortunately, I don't have any room for one

KonaBoy
Yeah, I think that they can be just as nice looking as a male, and I figured since I have the tank room now, why not?

Allie
Great deal. I love all betta. Females have less fin issues.

KonaBoy
I can't wait until Wednesday

chickadee
The gravel trick may work but the quickest cycle will be if you get a sponge filter and put in with the tank that is already cycled and in a week you will have a cycled filter to put in the tank with the female and it will seed the new filter. They are not that expensive but you need to have an airpump, airline, and a couple of valves (one check valve and one air control valve).

I do not know if you want to do it that way but you would have a cycled tank in a week to ten days this way and it will always serve as a back up filter for the little lady or for a hospital tank if you need it for a bucket for a sick fish that needs to go into quarantine.

Rose

(didn't know if you would prefer the black tubing)

These are only suggestions if you want to do it with the sponge filter. Please do not think you HAVE to get this but it is what you need for the filter sponge.

capekate
HI Konaboy
You will not be disappointed by bringing home a female Betta. I really love my two girls and they IMO have even a better personality than my two males.
As you can see in my siggie of one of my females, you can find them with long fins even in a chain store like Petsmart where I got her.

KonaBoy
Ok, well I'm going on Wednesday to pick one out, she's getting a fresh shipment One question though, is there any surefire way to tell the difference between males and females? I've read about people who brought home "females" because of the short fins, but turns out they were just young males. Nothing wrong with a male, I just wouldn't want one named Princess

luna
Generally, the females are younger and smaller, from what I've seen. There is also the shorter fins. The only guarantee? Look for her oviposter, her egg-tube.

KonaBoy
Call me what you will, but where would I find that

COBettaCouple
On her underside, right in front of the analfin.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Poll
Replies
Views
DanielleFish
Replies
Views
ForceTen
Replies
Views
travie
Replies