I bought an external filter, thoughts?

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by AlanGreene, Dec 17, 2012.

1. AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

Hi guys,

I found this filter online and did some research on it and it all seemed to be good news so I went ahead and bought it, it's for my 240L tank and it cycles the tank water 2000L/PH so it should keep the water nice and clean, it also has a UV light in it to kill an micro organisms.

My questions are:

Does this seem like a good filter for my tank to you guys?
    Will the UV light kill the BB in my filter? You can turn the UV light on or off on the filter.

2. Matt B

Matt BWell Known MemberMember

I have a very similar filter and am satisfied with it. You may need to turn the outlet against the side of the tank as that filter is pretty powerful for that size tank. The uv will kill bb in the water column but you needn't worry because very little of your bb is in the water, the vast majority are in/on surfaces of your filtration system and will be unaffected by use of the uv.

3. OP
    OP
    A

AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

Yeah I will, I believe it comes with 2 types of outlet, a spray bar and a tube, I will use the bar and point it towards the glass so the glass takes the brunt and not my little cardinals!!! Thanks Matt, I thought it was decent but I always want some reassurance from people who know their stuff so it's nice to get a reply :)

4. Matt B

Matt BWell Known MemberMember

No problem, I only wish you were in the US so I could give you links to good cheap stuff!

I know the feeling, its nice to get a little reassurance. :)

5. OP
    OP
    A

AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

I know man, that was by far the cheapest filter I could find anywhere and it got decent reviews so I got it and feel good about it! I might head over to the USA for a holiday sometime and we should organize a fishlore BBQ!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice