I bought a saltwater aquarium from Craigslist

Discussion in 'Saltwater Beginners' started by Atomsk, Dec 13, 2012.

1. AtomskValued MemberMember

I've bought a really cool complete aquarium setup off craigslist. It came with everything I need to keep a saltwater aquarium. The aquarium is a 58 gallon with an overflow that has been drilled and flows into a 20L Sump with a protein skimmer that has a return pump. The aquarium came with probably 60 lbs of crush coral substrate and about 120 lbs of live rock. The lighting that it came with is a 250W Metal halide. The corals that came with the aquarium are four frogspawn, lots of green star polyps and about 5 ball anemones. I bought a small Kenya and another soft coral that I don't remember what it's name is, it's at the top right corner of the aquarium. The aquarium doesn't have any fish in it. The aquarium came with an RO unit and an auto top off that I haven't figured out yet and a master saltwater test kit. I wanted to share my new exciting chapter into saltwater aquarium keeping.

Attached Files:

2. ryanrModeratorModerator Member

Nice tank! Thanks for sharing.

Oh BTW - your 'ball anemones' look more like a bubble or hammer coral ;) (But I could be wrong)

3. JessiNoel21Well Known MemberMember

If it has a foot it is a anemone but like Ryan looks like my cream bubble coral.

4. ToniaWell Known MemberMember

Gorgeous tank!!!

I can't wait to see how it progresses for you!

5. ReefdwellerValued MemberMember

wow sweet looking tank there. Everything looks healthy and I love bubble anemones and clowns are drawn to them so thats a plus. Can I be nosey and ask what that set up cost you from craigslist? I am just curious of course.

6. MrTropicsValued MemberMember

Wow score! Do you mind if i ask how much you paid for it? Looks great!

7. AtomskValued MemberMember

I'm really sorry for not responding for a month. I've quite busy with work and aquarium maintenances. I bought everything for $400 and I believe that it was a good deal.

8. drum bumNew MemberMember

I agree, bubble coral. And $400 is a very good deal! Congratulations on your find.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice