I bought a saltwater aquarium from Craigslist

Atomsk

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I've bought a really cool complete aquarium setup off craigslist. It came with everything I need to keep a saltwater aquarium. The aquarium is a 58 gallon with an overflow that has been drilled and flows into a 20L Sump with a protein skimmer that has a return pump. The aquarium came with probably 60 lbs of crush coral substrate and about 120 lbs of live rock. The lighting that it came with is a 250W Metal halide. The corals that came with the aquarium are four frogspawn, lots of green star polyps and about 5 ball anemones. I bought a small Kenya and another soft coral that I don't remember what it's name is, it's at the top right corner of the aquarium. The aquarium doesn't have any fish in it. The aquarium came with an RO unit and an auto top off that I haven't figured out yet and a master saltwater test kit. I wanted to share my new exciting chapter into saltwater aquarium keeping.

Attachments

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Nice tank! Thanks for sharing.

Oh BTW - your 'ball anemones' look more like a bubble or hammer coral (But I could be wrong)

Tonia

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Gorgeous tank!!!

I can't wait to see how it progresses for you!

Reefdweller

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
wow sweet looking tank there. Everything looks healthy and I love bubble anemones and clowns are drawn to them so thats a plus. Can I be nosey and ask what that set up cost you from craigslist? I am just curious of course.

Atomsk

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I'm really sorry for not responding for a month. I've quite busy with work and aquarium maintenances. I bought everything for $400 and I believe that it was a good deal.

drum bum

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I agree, bubble coral. And $400 is a very good deal! Congratulations on your find.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom