I believe I just caught my neos mating!

erinw347

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I’m pretty sure I just caught my neo shrimp mating! I moved one of my males into this tank and he immediately mounted a female! I also see a molt, so it must’ve been the female saying she was ready for babies!

Attachments

tjander

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hopefully that was it. But tell me why would you be moving shrimp around. I have found that they are pretty sensitive to no I g from tank to tank unless they two tanks are exactly the same.
I am not trying to toss the wet blanket on anything but in the interest of others reading this. IMO the stress of moving a shrimp could be fatal. Hope it was a Mating and you will be blessed with many more shrimp

OP
erinw347

erinw347

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
tjander said:
Hopefully that was it. But tell me why would you be moving shrimp around. I have found that they are pretty sensitive to no I g from tank to tank unless they two tanks are exactly the same.
I am not trying to toss the wet blanket on anything but in the interest of others reading this. IMO the stress of moving a shrimp could be fatal. Hope it was a Mating and you will be blessed with many more shrimp
I am putting the tank that they were previously in away soon, so I had to move them. I drip acclimated all of them and did my best to make it as smooth as possible.

New Threads