I am worried about my Zebra Danios.

PandaCory101

Hello All!
I have recently (in the past week) found that my 2 female Zebra Danios have gotten quite round.

To answer any overfeeding or dropsy questions, I do not over feed my fish. I have learned what is too much to feed them, they also do not have dropsy since their fins aren’t like pine cones. I have separated them into a cycled 5 gallon tank. It is the 2 females and 2 males. I could clearly sex them before I noticed change in lower belly size.

All of my danios swim happily around the tank. My males Zip and Zap like to chase my females constantly. They are quite fast. One of my females is a lot rounder than the other. We will see if I can get a good picture.

If they are pregnant, I do not own a breeding box or net. If you have a DIY solution I am all ears.

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 23

veggieshark

They seem full of eggs. A breeding box or net is not gonna do it. You can try the old fashioned way of using marbles. If you don't have a 5g tank, just find something that can contain about 3g of water, put two layers of marbles at the bottom, set a heater at 27-28C, drop an airstone, fill with water 6 inches deep, introduce the pair at night, get up before sunrise and watch.

Upvote 0

PandaCory101

They seem full of eggs. A breeding box or net is not gonna do it. You can try the old fashioned way of using marbles. If you don't have a 5g tank, just find something that can contain about 3g of water, put two layers of marbles at the bottom, set a heater at 27-28C, drop an airstone, fill with water 6 inches deep, introduce the pair at night, get up before sunrise and watch.
Thank you, Will do

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Noroomforshoe
Replies
Views
markkane15
Replies
Views