I am Thinking of a Mail Order Please Advise

Fish Monster

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I had been going to a local guy for my Discus, as some of you may know I only have two of them at this point a Cobalt and a Blue Dimand they are very expensive fish but I do trust the source.

Well heres the thing theres an internet site maybe some of you have heard of and can tell me more about "SomethingsPhisy.com" well they have Discus for very resonable prices almost to good to be true and you know what they say about that rite? well any way I could actually affor to purchase the remaining 4 I want to max out my load of 6 Discus in a 55 gallon and I would be happy. Besides the shipping of around 50$ I would be walking out way ahead because the one fish on there they are selling for I think 20$ I think it was green scrible or somthing like that well the guy I am getting em from now has the same thing basically for like 90$ so for the same price as his one I could just about get all 4 more.

I read some reviews on their site all very happy and pleased with eveything but ofcourse their not going to put bad reviews on their on site about their own service duh.

So what is your experince with mail orders in general and more specifically the place where my wife and I intend on purchase "SomethingsPhisy.com" who has ordered and recived from this place?
Fish arive happy and healthy and alive and of good quality, and how do they ship? If I order friday morning early when do you think I would get them? I live in PA they are out of Florida I think and I am sure it is over night express prority delivery how do they package? Please tell me anything you can about this process and hopefully some of you have had exp witht his paticualr vendor?

Fish Monster

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Yeah thank you I thought it was to good to be true 19$ for a 3 inch snake skin discus? yeah rite whats that all about?

I looked into them and aparently they are involved in some deep stuff and I mean law suits and everything I looked them up on the BBB and from a scale from A-F they got a score of an F the lowest possible. They do not belong to the BBB but they could not be a member even if they wanted to these guys are not what they claim to be so it seems.

I am going out tomarrow to buy two more new healthy discus from my local trusted source then I will have four out of the 6 I plan on maxing my load out with so hopefully after tomarrow 4 discus fish will be enough of a group evry one willbe happy and get a long well then I can buy two more expensive ones and save my money for them a little bit I have been getting the 35-40$ ones rite now like my Blue Diamond and my Cobalt I have some extra money from this weeks pay I may be able to buy one or two of the more expensive ones I have been eyeing up like the scrible type the look really cool I think. So what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
SomethingsPhisy....there is something fishy. I'd pass. My best advice is to sign up on http://forum.simplydiscus.com and go to their sponsor section. By far the BEST vendors in the US are there for discus. http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42

I'd recommend any of them.

Mail order is fine, just need to find a trustworthy place. And all of the simplydiscus sponsors are that place. Most if not all use a call or email business type plan. Theres no add X discus to cart and check out. You talk with them personally, know what you are getting, and its a personal relationship between customer and seller. Most can get you pics of actual fish for sale and not a stock picture that may or may not look like the fish you are buying.

You can find small discus for around the $15, 20-25 mark. Just shop around and do your homework on the seller before you order.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Slug, that fish in your avatar is simply stunning..... :shock:

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Haha I wish I could take credit for it. Its not mine, it was a fish a sponsors on simplydiscus had for sale a few months back. By far one of the best discus I've seen. Definitely a showpiece...with a price tag to match.

Fish Monster

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Thanks Slug I did do a search on that site no way I'd buy from their they do not care about their customers nor do they care about their fish, it is ashame they treat their fish like this and its not rite for animals to be treated like this I think PETA needs to get involved witht he place if the local and federal goverment agencies have not by now, I mean this place has been at it for a long time and even the BBB gives them the lowest score of an "F" so that in it self says something but they way they must treat their animals is horific some one with power needs to step in I think. Oh and thanks for the link SLUG I will be checking that out I see that you are a memebr over there as well awsome!

TedsTank

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I got ripped at somethingfishy!!!!!! Especially with Discus...."you get what you pay for"
I no longer even visit their site...sorry....this of course is IMO, from my heartbreaking experience.

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks Slug I did do a search on that site no way I'd buy from their they do not care about their customers nor do they care about their fish, it is ashame they treat their fish like this and its not rite for animals to be treated like this I think PETA needs to get involved witht he place if the local and federal goverment agencies have not by now, I mean this place has been at it for a long time and even the BBB gives them the lowest score of an "F" so that in it self says something but they way they must treat their animals is horific some one with power needs to step in I think. Oh and thanks for the link SLUG I will be checking that out I see that you are a memebr over there as well awsome!
I go by "discus-n00b" over there, go figure hehe.

Fish Monster

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
you noob, lol yeah I thought that was you I recognized the signatre cool maybe I will hop between the sites as well the more info he beter you know?

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Definently. Not trying to take away from fishlore because its great, but simplydiscus just gives a more specific approach. At least do some reading over there, some very experienced people there. Discus community is quite small, so the names you might read about on the internet in articles and such are probably members there.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom