I am so stressed

nmwierman1977
My husband and I just put our condo up on the market the other night. Our realtor who happens to be a good friend of our also came over to check our place out. We wants us to do so many things to it to "stage" it for showings. And she wants to have an open house in 2 weeks!! We have so much to di, in so little time and to top it all off my nephew is back from Buffalo, NY visiting for another 2 weeks, so we are trying to spend time with him at the same time. It sure is a good thing we only live in 704 sq. foot condo. I still don't know how we are going to do it.

Plus we celebrate our first wedding anniversary on July 29th which is this Sunday. You know what we are doing instead of celebrating? Helping his brother install kitchen counter tops. I'm so stress over this whole thing. We have to keep the place spotless too because she has a lock box and realtors can come by any time during the day from I think 8-7 whether we are home or not. It's going to be such a pain in the butt. :'( God I hope we sell fast. Natalie

COBettaCouple
just think -- hakuna matata! <FART!>

susitna-flower
I really feel for you, if my husband and I had to move out it would take a year just to clean and get rid of things we have collected.

I have a couple of suggestions. I am sure your friend has told you to clean out your condo, but if you can rent a storage unit, and just start NEXT Monday, moving all but the most essential things out, it will be much easier on you in the long run. 704 sf. is small enough it shouldn't be but a couple of day job at the most! It will make it look bigger, and you will have less to keep straight.

Your husband is the most important person to you in all of this, especially in this stressful time, make him KNOW for sure how special he is to you, and don't mix Anything else in on your anniversary. Not even your nephew, if he is 'visiting' then he can help your husband haul, while you organize, THAT is togetherness! In two weeks, you should have everything ready, and if you start ASAP it will go quicker than you think, and you will be setting around wondering why you were so stressed out days before the open house. Best of Luck, have a :;co and take a deep breath.

Fish in the Frozen North

nmwierman1977
Thanks. We did end up working yesterday on our anniversary. Didn't have much time together, but we have the countertops in and his brother is coming back over tonight to finish them. He just has to cut out the hole for the sink and do the plumbing for it. Mike and I have to go to Lowes tonight and buy the new carpeting and schedule an install for this Saturday. We've already started packing up A LOT of our stuff. Keeping just a few things out that we need to live on till we sell. Probably tomorrow or Wednesday we'll be laying the new laminate tiles that we bought for the kitchen floor. That has to be in before the carpeting. I really hope we can sell fairly quickly. thanks for the support and suggestions. BTW, we won't be renting a storage unit. His parents won't let us do that, so we are taking all of the stuff over to their garage. Natalie

armadillo
Courage, Natalie. Am sure your condo will sell in no time and you'll look back to these dark times from your castle in a copule of years' time. Good luck! Here's lots of nice thoughts from Belgium for ya!

ecnaj143
704spft condo?? These condos and townhomes are getting smaller and smaller. I think I'll stick to apartments. My apartment is 960spft.

Isabella
My husband and I just put our condo up on the market the other night. Our realtor who happens to be a good friend of our also came over to check our place out. We wants us to do so many things to it to "stage" it for showings. And she wants to have an open house in 2 weeks!! We have so much to di, in so little time and to top it all off my nephew is back from Buffalo, NY visiting for another 2 weeks, so we are trying to spend time with him at the same time. It sure is a good thing we only live in 704 sq. foot condo. I still don't know how we are going to do it.

Plus we celebrate our first wedding anniversary on July 29th which is this Sunday. You know what we are doing instead of celebrating? Helping his brother install kitchen counter tops. I'm so stress over this whole thing. We have to keep the place spotless too because she has a lock box and realtors can come by any time during the day from I think 8-7 whether we are home or not. It's going to be such a pain in the butt. :'( God I hope we sell fast. Natalie

It's your realtor's job to sell your condo and be nice to you at the same time. If he's pushy, it's not exactly good. He'll be getting a commission from the sale, so he should be as nice as possible to you. Even after he finds a qualified buyer, you can still live in your condo until you're ready to move out. I know some realtors and a lot of times, after they have found buyers and even signed their contracts, they have agreed with buyers to give the old owners some time before they move out. Moving out it's not so easy and it's a big step in one's life. So obviously people need the time to deal with everything. Can't you just ask your realtor if it would be possible to wait these 2 - 3 weeks? I know one thing: While it's good when a realtor is working hard to sell your house/condo (after all, he'll be paid for it well), he can't - at the same time - be pushy and tell you what to do. I've seen realtors like that being dumped by their clients. If whatever he wants to do conflicts with your personal life and important events in your life, you should definitely tell him about it! After all, it is YOUR condo. I guess my negative approach towards realtors is because many of those realtos that I know are so greedy for money - this is the reason they are so pushy, so that they can get their money faster. And I don't like people who are greedy for money.

P.S. Speaking of the real estate market, it's getting worse and worse, isn't it? In New York, it's very hard now to sell a house now. Houses have gotten so expensive here that people have stopped buying them. Their prices are dropping slowly now, but they're still high nevertheless. Though more condos and co-ops are being sold now. Just watch now: because houses are too expensive, more condos and co-ops are bing sold since they're cheaper. But owners of condos and co-ops, seeing that there's more demand for them, will most likely start increasing their prices too!

nmwierman1977
704spft condo?? These condos and townhomes are getting smaller and smaller. I think I'll stick to apartments. My apartment is 960spft.

The condo complex was built in 1985. They're bigger condos in our unit. At the time we could only afford a smaller one. We were just just starting out on our own together after living with our parents for 24 yrs, plus moving across country away from them no less, so at the time it was perfect for us and now we want to start a family and we can't do that in a 704 sq. ft condo.

It's your realtor's job to sell your condo and be nice to you at the same time. If he's pushy, it's not exactly good. He'll be getting a commission from the sale, so he should be as nice as possible to you. Even after he finds a qualified buyer, you can still live in your condo until you're ready to move out. I know some realtors and a lot of times, after they have found buyers and even signed their contracts, they have agreed with buyers to give the old owners some time before they move out. Moving out it's not so easy and it's a big step in one's life. So obviously people need the time to deal with everything. Can't you just ask your realtor if it would be possible to wait these 2 - 3 weeks? I know one thing: While it's good when a realtor is working hard to sell your house/condo (after all, he'll be paid for it well), he can't - at the same time - be pushy and tell you what to do. I've seen realtors like that being dumped by their clients. If whatever he wants to do conflicts with your personal life and important events in your life, you should definitely tell him about it! After all, it is YOUR condo. I guess my negative approach towards realtors is because many of those realtos that I know are so greedy for money - this is the reason they are so pushy, so that they can get their money faster. And I don't like people who are greedy for money.

P.S. Speaking of the real estate market, it's getting worse and worse, isn't it? In New York, it's very hard now to sell a house now. Houses have gotten so expensive here that people have stopped buying them. Their prices are dropping slowly now, but they're still high nevertheless. Though more condos and co-ops are being sold now. Just watch now: because houses are too expensive, more condos and co-ops are bing sold since they're cheaper. But owners of condos and co-ops, seeing that there's more demand for them, will most likely start increasing their prices too!

She isn't really pushy. We wanted to put the condo up asap because we are interested in a house and we want a chance to put a bid on it asap, but we need to sell the condo first. Since it's listed we need to get the stuff done. We do miss each other a lot, not being able to spend too much quality time together, but we have time for that. Yes, the market here for selling sucks. Nobody is buying houses right now. Hopefully since it is a condo we'll be able to sell it more quickly because like you said they are selling better and we have it priced to sell. Thanks again for the support. Natalie

COBettaCouple

LOL.. I bet, with so many people up there are selling homes and moving here.. the price of a house has almost tripled in this county the last 5-10 years. A lot of locals are moving with the cost of living going up so high and no good jobs. We can't afford to stay here, not with the pay scale of the area, the cost of living is only slightly higher in Denver, but the jobs pay a lot better. Now Natalie can come up and visit us.

nmwierman1977
Or you can come visit us in the winter of course. I wouldn't want you to melt in the sweltering heat. natalie

COBettaCouple
Or you can come visit us in the winter of course. I wouldn't want you to melt in the sweltering heat. natalie

lol.. yea.. I think I feel myself melting just thinking of 117 degrees in the shade.

Amorinthe
We've seen the same thing in CalI - but it seems like that's how these things work. It's a cycle of up and down and up and down. buyers market then sellers, etc. The problem now is that in the madness to buy we are now seeing a deluge of foreclosures on homes that new owners bought, and then couldn't pay for. It's really heartbreaking.

COBettaCouple
sadly, the FL market might be headed that way. I know around here 1000s of homes (new and used) sit vacant waiting for buyers and yet everywhere we go in the area, we see housing developments going up. The job market and pay scale of the country don't come close to matching the housing prices, it feels like a house of cards these developers are playing with and it's no biggie to them since they can just take their money and move on when the time comes.

nmwierman1977
Well all the remodeling is done that we needed to get done. Now all we need to do is clean, clean, clean from top to bottom and do a few touch ups and that's it. We'll be putting in MLS Thursday. Then we are crossing our fingers that we will sell early. Our friend/realtor said that 5 people have called her on it already just from the sign in the window and she has a friend whom is a school teacher that has a son and he's looking for a small place, so he wants to look at it when we are done. ;D Natalie

COBettaCouple
so I guess you're not considering my offer then? :;a :;jk

nmwierman1977
Well the cleaning is just about done. We will be doing touch ups tonight and finish cleaning a few minor things. We are having an open house Sunday 1-5. I can't wait. I really hope it will be a quick sale. I don't know how much longer my dogs can hold especially my younger one. He's so nervous and scared right now. He doesn't know what to do or think about anything. This morning he wouldn't leave my side for a second. He followed me everywhere I went. Then when it was time to go he apparently wanted to come with me because when I opened the front door he ran. I had my hands with my purse and lunch and some letters to mail and here I am chasing him down the stairs calling after him to get back in the house. When I got him back in the house he was so upset. I closed the door and ran in our bedroom looking out the sliding glass door crying. I felt so bad. :'( I wish I could take him to work with me, but my boss has a dog and she's not keen on other dogs. So mommy and daddy will have to spend some quality time with both dogs tonight and tomorrow as much as we can.I feel just awful. Natalie

COBettaCouple
aww.. yea, the poor pups don't understand it.. but they'll be happy in the new home soon enough.

nmwierman1977
I hope so and then it's starting from scratch with them all over again getting to know a new place. Hopefully this will be the last time we move. I intend on finding a house and staying in it forever. Natalie

COBettaCouple
If you have good flea control, they won't scratch much.

nmwierman1977
nope they don't have any fleas thank god.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
COBettaCouple
Replies
Views
COBettaCouple
Replies
Views
nmwierman1977
Replies
Views