I am really hoping...

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
We are having an ice storm right now and snow too so if I am not here tomorrow it is because we are without a connection for some reason. I do not worry about electricity so much as I have a generator for some stuff but my computer connection is far from secure from storms as I attach through our local cable. If they go down so do I.

Just thought I would let you know as things are getting hairy out there.

Rose
:

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I hope everything goes well for you Rose and you keep your power. Thanks for letting us know what's going on.

CherryRose

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the news alert Rose. I hope it doesn't go out. keep warm!! Natalie

MamaM

Valued Member
Reaction score
My thoughts are with you! Keep warm!!

Sharon

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well we have 2 inches of icy stuff with 8 inches of snow on top of it but the power held and we are all warm. My VERY first heater failure happened and I awakened to a 75 degree tank in the living room (one of the new ones) The Visi-therm DELUXE that I got sent by mistake had water in the whole inside of it. It had just stopped working totally and broken, filled up with water. This was a new experience for me and lucky I kept my receipt and box as it was less than one month old (a month today) and has the lifetime warranty. So I put 2 heaters in to get it up to speed and did a partial water change with slightly warmer water to help out with the reheating. Right now it is up to about 80 degrees on the way to 82. I am praying that I do not end up with ICH in that tank....ARGHHHH!

Rose

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm really sorry to hear that Rose. Natalie

LZ Floyd

Valued Member
Reaction score
Good thing you had a spare heater, Rose.  You never know when something might fail.  Hopefully there won't be any long-term effects, i.e., ich.

As for the snow, yuck.  We're getting ready for it here, they say it's comin' right for us.

Mike

bbfeckawitts

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
We are supposed to get 12-18 Inches here. Hope the power doesn't go out!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Rose I'm so glad to hear alls well up your way.
Carol

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I am glad to hear that you were able to keep your power on, Rose. It's too bad about your broken heater though. I hope all your fish in that tank are okay and remain that way.

The pictures tell the story. It's a wonder that the power did stay on.

CherryRose

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I am glad to hear you did not lose any power. Hope you don't have any ich problems in that tank. Sometimes heaters are just so annoying...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom