I am not sure how to put on the background.

1. M

Mjc4166 New Member Member

I just bought my decor and I got a TOPFIN background. It came with 10 small rectangle things and they are only sticky on one side. I am not sure how to use them to put on my background. Can you guys help me? Thank you![​IMG]

Nevermind, I just realized that I could tape it around the edges.

2. Dave125g

Dave125g Fishlore Legend Member

Best way is to coat the back of the tank with olive oil and use a credit card to Smooth out the air bubbles. In much the same way you put window tint on a car.

3. OP
    OP
    M

Thanks, that is a very smart way of doing it!

I just finished setting up my tank! What do you guys think?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. Geoff

Geoff Well Known Member Member

5. OP
    OP
    M

Thank you. Yeah me too, it is my favorite piece in the tank!

6. Dave125g

Dave125g Fishlore Legend Member

Very nice. Is that a 36 bow front?

7. OP
    OP
    M

Thank you. Yes. :)

8. OP
    OP
    M

Quick question, When I add water back into the tank every so often, like every other day, to account for the evaporated water, do I need to put some Prime in the tank? It is tap water I am adding back into the tank to fill it back up, because after a couple of days the water line gets lower from evaporated water. Thank you!

9. Geoff

Yes, any water you add to the tank needs to be treated.

10. Gooch

Gooch Valued Member Member

Do you do water changes? If not, you need to change about 25-50% of the water weekly. You add the prime to the water before you put it in the tank. Happy Fourth!

Sent from my KFASWI using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

11. OP
    OP
    M

Thank you! Happy fourth to you too! I just started the tank yesterday, but yes I will do water changes. I was wondering how you handle the evaporated water. Like when the water line gets a little lower each day, and I don't like that. It bugs me, hahaha. :D Do I need to worry about mixing Prime with the little amounts of water I pour back in each day to raise the water line, because the evaporated water lowered it. Would it be a good idea to mix the Prime and water in a sealable container that I know the amount of water in it and just use that when I need to to fill up the tank from the evaporated water? Also, on the Prime container it said it was fine to mix it in the tank? Is that a bad idea? Thank you so much! :)

Thank you! Also, how much Prime would I know to add since it is only a small amount of water?

12. Geoff

I don't think you have to worry about being precise. I always put more in than I need to. You could do a capful and be fine. It'll get dispersed throughout the entire volume of your tank anyway.

13. Angels4

Angels4 Valued Member Member

Love it , I have the very same tank !![​IMG]

14. OP
    OP
    M

OK, thank you again!

Thank you! Oh awesome, that is so cool! That ship looks amazing! :D

15. Angels4

Angels4 Valued Member Member

Thank you, the ship is a bubbler , can't tell in the pic.

16. B

Bdriver55 Valued Member Member

I have the same tank where did you get that nice piece of wood

17. OP
    OP
    M

I got it at Petsmart. It was the last one too. :D

18. B

Bbarb27 Valued Member Member

I use 2-3 drops of prime per gallon of water. If you are only topping off the tank, you shouldn't need more than a few drops in the bucket of new water.

19. OP
    OP
    M

Thank you! That is what I was wondering. :) :D