Help I Am Having A Hard Time Finding Female Turquoise Rainbows

iIHaveFishQuestions

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I need FEMALE turquoises to go with the 2 males I have, and I can't tell AT ALL at the 2 LFS here and the employees barely know what a turquoise rainbow fish is at all much less can tell male from female ... I also need female boesmani. Do any of you have tips on how/when/where to get some lady rainbowfish at a good price (im broke atm) OR how to distinguish a young female turquoise from a male? Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!
IMG_20181019_060450.jpg
IMG_20181019_060443.jpg
IMG_20181019_060450.jpg
IMG_20181019_060443.jpg

JenC

Well Known Member
Reaction score
A decent LFS should be able to properly sex their fish and you can ask them about ordering females for you if there are none in stock. If you're not having a good experience with your store then feel free to try another. Not places like Petco or Petsmart but dedicated fish stores who specialize in the hobby. Worst case scenario, if NC truly doesn't have any good stores, you can order online.

CMACS Aquarium |
Store – Aquatica

RainbowJeff

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't know if you ever order fish, but Imperial Tropicals allows you to specify the gender for many of their rainbows. I'm pretty sure you can order female turquoise rainbows there (as well as boesemani)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom