15 Gallon Tank I Am Happy With My Small Blood Red Parrots Tank

BillyZuo

Reaction score
I'm a novice and had just setup my 16 Gallon blood red parrtos tank in March, 2019. In a week I got cloudy and all kinds of problems subsequent. I struggled with with contaminant and kept learning, upgraded equipments. Now, I have my fish in crystal clear water.
brp20190501.jpg

OP
BillyZuo

BillyZuo

Reaction score
Yes. I knew I need a bigger tank after I learnt online. I’d like to keep this tank running for couple of months and upgrade it after I am more experienced.
Thank you.

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Awesome! Just had to be sure since there's the dreaded inch per gallon advice at most fish stores

They are beautiful fish and all of them look very cute. Almost like they want something to play with

OP
BillyZuo

BillyZuo

Reaction score
I setup this small tank without enough research and made mistakes. I try to avoid mistakes in the new aquarium.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
What beautiful parrots! Although, you definitely will need a larger tank if with five or six of them that you have, plus the angelfish.

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to fishlore!

Just to give you an idea....for just one or two full sized blood parrots, a 55 gallon is barely large enough. Blood parrots get very large. So if you hope to keep all 6 parrots, you would need something significantly larger than even 55g.

How big are you able to go when you upgrade? It might be worth rehoming a few of them now before you get too attached....unless you are able to get a very large tank.

As for your current situation....you will have a very hard time keeping the water quality in check with such a small tank with all those fish. I suggest you do a couple water changes per week until you upgrade. That is what I would do if I had to temporarily keep 6 blood parrots and an angelfish in a 16 gallon. I'd probably do a water change every 2 days to be honest. I feel like that is a pretty heavy bioload for a 16g. Even at the size they are now.

Good luck with everything!

Alan0823

Reaction score
Beautiful fish ill like to get some parrot fish but not till I upgrade to a bigger tank right now I have a 20 long.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom