I am getting my first live plant for my tanks need some info

dlewin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hI I am getting some Java moss for my tanks. This is my first live plant ever. I am getting some snails and some Java moss comes with them. I have florescent hood lights and normal gravel on the bottom of my tanks. I have a 29 gallon a 30 gallon and a 10 gallon. I read you can spread it out so I would like to put some in my 3 tanks. And I read that it grows fast but that's not a problem. I think live plants look beautiful but will clip it down when it gets to high. any pros and cons or your experience with this plant will be helpful.

ppate1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I like it. I keep all live plants. Prob the easiest plant to care for

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It's a low light plant so you won't need to upgrade your lighting for it. Wrap it around whatever you want it to attach to and then wrap it with thread to hold it in place. The thread will break down over time. Some people use a rubber band to hold it down but I find that to be, how should I say it, less than aesthetically pleasing. You can so just let it float in your tanks but I don't like the look of that personally. But if you have fry, letting it float is a great idea. It's really versatile.

You may want to disinfect it first to make sure it's not bringing in algae or unwanted snails. But since my daughter is telling me it's time to go to bed, I can't give specifics right now.

-Lisa

Atomsk

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I wanted to get some Java Moss because I've read that you can attached it to nearly anything you want to with a string. The only down side to this is that once you get it going in your aquarium it'll be fairly difficult to get rid of if you don't want it anymore.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads