I am cycling my 8 gallon tank

Rantarzalt

Hi i am cycling my 8 gallon tank for a future betta
Idk hoe fast a cycle can be but i bought the filter 1 or 2 weeks before the cycle i put a cut prawn in there as ammonia source i kept dumping stability everyday i also used 2 logs from my existing cycled tank. In 1 or 2 weeks i can't remember when i bought the filter i saw my ammonia rise from 0 to 0.25 then drop to zero at around yesterday and saw nitrates but no nitrites i belive the nitrate is 10 or 20 maybe 30 is it that fast ?!

Salem

It can happen in 1 or 2 weeks in smaller tanks like your own. My own first tank was a 7 gallon that cycled in about 5 days.
If you can get your ammonia to .5 or even to 1 and then have it return to 0 the same day then it's cycled. Remember to continue to add an ammonia source until you move your future friend in.

Rantarzalt

Salem i got it to 0.25 and then it dropped
And i was skeptical of nitrates comming out i dump seachem every day so i shld be fine to put my betta i never saw nitrites rise probably over night

jdhef

It is not uncommon when using a bacteria additive to not get a nitrite spike, but so long as you have 0ppm ammonia and more nitrates that your tap water may contain, you are cycled.

Rantarzalt

Thanks

Latest threads

Top Bottom