I am AMAZED! Cory- 100% change of behavior in 30 minutes

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by 1611mac, Aug 11, 2015.

1. 1611macValued MemberMember

Important Lesson for noobs.... (like myself) - Learn about your fish before you buy.

Actually, I knew that truth (I kept a tank a number of years ago) but I honestly forgot something about Corys. My son had given me an established tank and while picking up some mollies to add to it I picked up an Albino Cory.

For a week now he has been running wild, back and forth, all around, hyper! (stressed) I thought the poor thing was going to burst! Then in another post I mentioned I had a cory and two kind forum members let me know that one Cory will not be happy. This morning I added 5 more.

The reaction of my original Cory (who is the smallest) was priceless. Instantly he "played dead" (I thought it was gone!) Then, within 30 minutes it was lazily laying and meandering around with the others. One big happy family.

I am amazed that a fish's behavior could change so COMPLETELY in 30 minutes to an hour. Unbelievable!

I want to thank "BornThisWayBettas" and "junebug" for letting me know about my error.

For those new to the hobby - Please learn about the requirements your stock will need before you buy. Don't make the same mistake I did.

2. CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Good to hear your cory is much happier now he has some more of his own kind to hang out with, you'll see much more natural behaviour & they may even spawn for you, if you have mixed sexes of course :)

3. BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Good job with your cories! They are so much fun to watch when they're in a group, how happy and relaxed they seem! :D

4. DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

Applause !!! Proof the shouting Coryfanatics overhere are right hahaha.
    The more the better !!!!

5. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Good to hear!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice