I am a proud mamma!!!

1. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

2. Pikachu13131 Member Member

I wish my my did as well as your what are your temperatures,parameters,and tank inhabitants?

3. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

4. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

5. tfreema Well Known Member Member

I love babies! Awesome!

6. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

I see so many of them in the java moss lol

7. uncclewis Well Known Member Member

I'm hungry for some shrimplets

8. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

lol my shrimplets are NOT available. but do you want some sauce with that?

9. uncclewis Well Known Member Member

Lol. I just had shrimp sushi.

I read that freshwater shrimp are bland, but people in certain places love them, they just spice them.

Actually I ate one tonight*. Very tasty. Called scampi

10. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

11. uncclewis Well Known Member Member

Awe, it is cute!

Also it looks like you have planaria lol

12. tfreema Well Known Member Member

I agree! Very cute.

Is that (planaria) what the little bug looking things are? What exactly are they?
    Is that something that is common in a planted tank? I am still artificial plants thinking about crossing over to live so really curious.

13. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

Yes it is. They are little white worms and luckily they aren't harmful to fish or shrimp. I probably got them from over feeding a little for the shrimplets. I give them blood worms, so that may be why lol. To get rid of them all you have to do is either not feed your fish for a week( I don't have fish in that tank). But the fish will eat them, so you don't have to starve them. Also to get rid of them all you have to do is do some gravel cleans. Meaning just clean the gravel. I can't because I have shrimplets in the gravel and I don't want to suck them up. You won't get the worms as long as you don't over feed your fish. Here's a quick video https://vimeo.com/172226143

14. uncclewis Well Known Member Member

Or the ones that are roaming about you can manually pick them out and cook them. Here is a recipe... Lol jk, but you can manually pick them out. Also, neon tetras will eat them! If you want to get some of them. They are friendly with shrimp and to answer your question tfreema, they are less common in planted aquaria, than unplanted (they compete with plants for resources)

And I meant Detritus Worms! I can't believe I made that mistake, hehe. It may be a planaria, but it is probably a detritus worm. Either way, neons will munch on them.