I almost hate my 72 gal tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by redlessi, Apr 5, 2010.

1. redlessi

redlessi Well Known Member Member

Now I have 1 red wag platy with 2 white spots (1 on tail and 1 on head), and its flashing.

One of my angels has a white cottony spot on its bottom fin and and one neon with a white spot.

It does not really look like ich, more cottony.

What should I do???

This is the same tank that was treated for camallanus worms twice a while ago.

2. m

michael68 Valued Member Member

i used lifegaurd by tetra when my fish got those cotton spots,it worked great and it never came back.The only problem with that product is that it kills most of your beneficial bacteria as well.My tank went into a mini cycle,but now everything is back to normal.

3. OP
    OP
    redlessi

I have some fungas eliminator by jungle but not sure if its fungus or not??????

I would hate to medicate for the wrong thing.

4. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

wow, reds, I am so sorry. You've had some really rotten luck with this tank. *hug*

If you post some pics, maybe someone can help you diagnose before you treat?

5. OP
    OP
    redlessi

Thanks Meenu, Glad to see you back on.

It is almost impossible for me to get good pics, I really lack photo skills but I will try. These dang fish are sooooo fast.

6. OP
    OP
    redlessi

these are the best I could get right now, this is the white angel with 1 cottony spot on bottom fin. btw can anyone tell if its a male or female by this horrible pic?

The first pic its the white spot near the bottom of bottom fin. I know its not a good pic.............

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  7. Elodea

Elodea Well Known Member Member

I'm sorry, I can't really tell from the picture. Do you have a QT? I think you should isolate the fish first before medicating, or you risk screwing the tank with medications. Especially if you havve any snails or inverts.

8. m

9. OP
    OP
    redlessi

Here is the neon with the spot on its tail.

I dont have a qt tank right now so I would probably treat the whole tank especially since they are already exposed to whatever it is by now.

Attached Files:

10. OP
    OP
    redlessi

They say its not supposed to damage your beneficial bacteria.............

11. m

Thats great!If all your fish have the cotton spots i would treat the tank.I am not an expert,but i know from experience that this fungus if thats what it is will spread.

12. OP
    OP
    redlessi

So I treated with the jungle fungus eliminator and the angels are eating the meds:eek:

13. m

oh no! not sure if thats good or not.

14. OP
    OP
    redlessi

Well for now everyone is out and about like usual. I had to use almost the whole thing for this big of a tank. Hopefully in a few days I will see some results..

I will definitely keep a close eye on everybody...........

Thanks

15. m

Everything will be fine the fungus will go away and all your fish will be fine.I wish i had a 72g tank!!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  16. Furallicah

Furallicah Well Known Member Member

Jungle is a good brand, but their medications are weak just to warn. But I think a while thing will work. Sorry to hear Redlessi, I hope everything works out well for you.

17. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Oh, Reds, I'm sorry. I know this tank has not made things easy on you. I don't have a lot of experience with meds, but best fishy wishes are headed your way:;group

18. OP
    OP
    redlessi

I am honestly ready to bag up all the fish, take them to the lfs and tear this thing down!fru:;fru:;fru:;fru:;fru:;fru:;fru:;fru:;fru:;fru:;fru

19. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Hang in there, Reds! It's always darkest before the dawn.

20. Algae Eater

Algae Eater Well Known Member Member

Aw, I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with this tank. I hope everything turns out OK!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice