I added 70 lbs of Live Rock today.

1. krazyone2006

krazyone2006 Well Known Member Member

So I got 70 lbs. of Live Rock today for my reef tank for $40 can we say score here's some pics after adding it to the display tank.

IMG_20140801_195240.jpg

IMG_20140801_195244.jpg

2. Claire Bear

Claire Bear Well Known Member Member

Nice find!

3. 1971roadrunner

1971roadrunner Well Known Member Member

70lbs. for $40? - sold!!! How did you get a deal like that? I'm going to be in the market soon for a lot of LR and need to start thinking about it.

4. OP
    OP
    krazyone2006

krazyone2006 Well Known Member Member

Thanks, I was actually on Facebook posting some pics and a friend of a friend asked if I was looking for any corals and I made the joke I needed more base/live rock for spots to put more corals and they offered up the 70 lbs. they had left over from their build for $40 and I was like sold. LoL

Call around to landscaping/gardening supply places a lot of them sell lace rock/tufa rock cheap which can be used as base rock i'm talking like 50 cent a pound cheap. I was going to go that route till this was offered still might go pick up 50-60lbs of that still even though I am at about 120-130lbs of rock right now. I wanna try to fill up the back wall on the reef.

5. 1971roadrunner

1971roadrunner Well Known Member Member

Yeah, base rock is cheap but I'm going to need a lot of LR too. Your tank is looking nice and keep us posted.