I added 70 lbs of Live Rock today.

Discussion in 'Saltwater Beginners' started by krazyone2006, Aug 1, 2014.

1. krazyone2006

krazyone2006 Well Known Member Member

So I got 70 lbs. of Live Rock today for my reef tank for $40 can we say score here's some pics after adding it to the display tank.

IMG_20140801_195240.jpg

IMG_20140801_195244.jpg

2. Claire Bear

Claire Bear Well Known Member Member

Nice find!

3. 1971roadrunner

1971roadrunner Well Known Member Member

70lbs. for $40? - sold!!! How did you get a deal like that? I'm going to be in the market soon for a lot of LR and need to start thinking about it.

4. OP
    OP
    krazyone2006

krazyone2006 Well Known Member Member

Thanks, I was actually on Facebook posting some pics and a friend of a friend asked if I was looking for any corals and I made the joke I needed more base/live rock for spots to put more corals and they offered up the 70 lbs. they had left over from their build for $40 and I was like sold. LoL

Call around to landscaping/gardening supply places a lot of them sell lace rock/tufa rock cheap which can be used as base rock i'm talking like 50 cent a pound cheap. I was going to go that route till this was offered still might go pick up 50-60lbs of that still even though I am at about 120-130lbs of rock right now. I wanna try to fill up the back wall on the reef.

5. 1971roadrunner

1971roadrunner Well Known Member Member

Yeah, base rock is cheap but I'm going to need a lot of LR too. Your tank is looking nice and keep us posted.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice