I Accidentally Bought A Betta

loneminx

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
20190603_152958.jpg
Went to the pet store for a new litter box... Looked at fish. Really liked how active this little lady was. I did not want a veiltail at all ever but she's cute and purple (will turn blue and red with my luck). I felt bad for her because she was so stressed. My tank is at the end of cycling but not cycled (takes 48hr to process ammonia and nitrites) - whoops!

She's going to be in a temporary container with some anacharis until some plants I have coming get delivered this week. Then I can plant the aquarium and do a full water change and hopefully it will be less stressful that way.

Of course this was her right after she left her cup for her holding cell! She did eat a little and calm down. Hopefully she can adjust without being too traumatized!
Snapchat-305907601.jpg

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I find myself in this situation all too often. Everytime I go to the fish shop for something I inevitably walk out with some fish I warned myself not to get. Bad thing is I'm going again tomorrow.... wish me luck....

Anywho, you got yourself a really nice betta! Kinda reminds me of my old purple girl.

loneminx

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I find myself in this situation all too often. Everytime I go to the fish shop for something I inevitably walk out with some fish I warned myself not to get. Bad thing is I'm going again tomorrow.... wish me luck....

Anywho, you got yourself a really nice betta! Kinda reminds me of my old purple girl.
Thank you and good luck! I really can't have more than the one 10 gallon tank so I am limited on how crazy I can get... But shrimp, snails, and rasboras are a possible future pet store hazard!

motherofbettas

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think I have only ever gone into the pet store once with the purpose to get a fish.... I have 5..... lol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom