I’m Pretty Sure They’re All Pregnant ?

1. J

Jacceber123 New Member Member

about a month or so ago I bought some platys anyway I think my Mickey Mouse platys are pregnant. They all have dark spots in their bellies even the boy? Can anyone confirm if my platys are pregnant and when they think they will drop I’m driving myself crazy guessing. The first photo is my biggest girl, and the second photo is my second girl being chased by my boy? Sorry for the crappy photos so hard to get them to stay still.

Attached Files:

2. IceFyre1414

IceFyre1414 Well Known Member Member

If they've been housed with males at any point it's safe to assume they're all pregnant. Get ready for a lot of fry!

3. OP
    OP
    J

Even the male looks pregnant to me. He has a dark spot in his belly too. Could this just be constipation or more than likely pregnancy.

4. IceFyre1414

IceFyre1414 Well Known Member Member

Do you mean the large black spot on the right of the fish's stomach in the picture? If so, that just looks like coloration to me. If they're acting normally I wouldn't worry.

5. OP
    OP
    J

Yes those are the spots I’m referring to, they didn’t have them when I got them, and have grown larger when I look them up they seem to be gravid spots which would mean pregnancy I think, just strange my male would have one as well.