Hypothetical tank merging question.

Fishnturtleguy933

Due to some unforseen unfortunate events, i may have to switch to one big tank instead of multiple smallerish tanks. Right now i have a 40g breeder with 4 honey gourami,
9 glowlight tetra
6 cardinal tetra
1 bn pleco green dragon
And neo shrimp.
I also have a 50 gallon with
5x swordtail 1m 4f
3x platy
8x black skirt tetra
1x bn pleco
5x corydoras, not the bigger ones but not the pygmy size either.

My question is essentially, if i needed to, could i move all of this into a larger 75 gallon? All tanks are heavily planted and well established, all filter media and plants/hardscape/substrate will be moved over as well so cycling isn't an issue but i Basically need to know if the fish from both tanks would get along fine or if i would have to give some up to keep others. This isn't happening indefinitely but i want to know before i have to start breaking down tanks and moving things over so if i have to give up a few fish i have time to do so.

OutsideFoodBlob

I don’t know if you’ve already tried the aqua advisor app/online calculator. I don’t know how helpful it is personally but it might be something to try with the 75 gallon as hypothetical tank volume.

Hopefully others will get back to you soon regards compatibility.

Fishnturtleguy933

I don’t know if you’ve already tried the aqua advisor app/online calculator. I don’t know how helpful it is personally but it might be something to try with the 75 gallon as hypothetical tank volume.

Hopefully others will get back to you soon regards compatibility.
I've used it. I don't find it completely reliable. I'm not super concerned with the footprint of the tank but more compatibility of the fish in question. I might even rehome the black skirts for more of something else thats there anyways. Probably more of the cardinal tetra and a few more swordtails if possible.

OutsideFoodBlob

Sorry that wasn’t too helpful. But is good to know that it has limited usefulness. Hopefully someone with more knowledge on community compatibility will drop in soon.
Also sorry that you have to look at merging your tanks. With the time, effort and care needed to get where they are. Boo.

Lebeeze

I personally would have no problem with that stocking in a 75. Just make sure the water parameters stay good.

Fishnturtleguy933

Sorry that wasn’t too helpful. But is good to know that it has limited usefulness. Hopefully someone with more knowledge on community compatibility will drop in soon.
Also sorry that you have to look at merging your tanks. With the time, effort and care needed to get where they are. Boo.
No worries, i appreciate your response. We unfortunately had a death in the family and have to rethink finances. I'm hoping it doesn't come down to it but i may need to leave the hobby for a while. Im2just trying to reduce equipment use. 2 filters and 2 air pumps running instead of 1 per 4 tanks. 2 lights instead of 4. 2 less water changes Etc.
I personally would have no problem with that stocking in a 75. Just make sure the water parameters stay good.
Thank you.
Outside of my current 20 long thats cycling both my 40breeder and 50g are well established, all materials from both tanks would go in the 75 so there would be plenty of bb from the start as well as an outrageous amount of plants I'd be packing in there with plenty of swimming space of course.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
HeartSickWolf
Replies
Views
techfool
  • Question
Replies
Views
Crimson_687
Replies