Hygrophila pinnatifida brown spots

Wrona0306

Hi why my hygrophila pinnatifida have brown spots? What minerals do i need
I already use tropica specialized ones a week after water change and seachem exel everyday 0.9ml and seachem iron twice a week 1ml. All my live srock are fine with no issue other plants are ok so what i missig here. I thinking maybe lack of potassium. Any ideas
hygrophila pinnatifida brown spots

Attachments

• 20211021_213322.jpg
    20211021_213322.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 11
  • 20211021_213334.jpg
    20211021_213334.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 11

ruud

Did you change your light recently?
Can you tell if it appears randomly on the leaves, or on the older ones?

Wrona0306

I just lowered it from 30cm to 10cm
becouse wont to my ludwigia super red get more red color and rotala rotundifolia red get more red as well. Do you think that can be reason

ruud

Yes, I see. So I assume your light is at max intensity already. Judging from the image, it doesn't look particularly strong. Although the intensity is not the driver of photosynthesis, I do find it a rough indication of what people on average are doing. Lowering the water level doesn't necessarily help, if your lights are below, say, 50 umols of PAR. For reddish color, this should at least be 90.

This in turn will enhance demand for nutrients and CO2. In which case, lowering your water level could help in gas exchange. And so does water movement. Are the leaves of the pinnatifida moving a bit?

If you cant provide the lights, I would first and foremost turn to plant species that give off reddish color in more challenging circumstances, such as red crypt species.

The brown spots could indeed be an indication of a lack of potassium.

So all in all; yes, perhaps add some K. Definitely increase water movement, if leaves are not moving. But most importantly, change lights. If not possible, add red crypts.

PS Seachem iron.... not sure if you need that; at least not for getting more red from your plants.

Wrona0306

Thanks for informations.
I adding iron becouse rotala and ludwigia turn black on leaves edges and start dying. When i start with iron this was game changing plants become healthy and start turn red. I was reading i can have low potassium level so i will order some and see what will happend.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Cherryshrimp420
Replies
Views
Mudminnow
  • Question
Replies
Views
Wrona0306
Replies