5 Gallon Tank Hygger Submersible Digital Aquarium Heater

Tez

Well Known
I've just brought this heater as i'm now cycling a 5 gallon tank for a betta and brought this heater and so far so good, it's digital and you work it by a control button and once you set your temp it flashes 3 times.
It's designed for betta fish for protection.

I paid £25-99 for it off Amazon but ebay are charging more but the link gives you a rough idea about it.

jake37

Fishlore VIP
Yea i have one of those i use it when the fishes are sick and have to go into the bucket or i'm sick of a fish picking on another one and it has to go in the bucket or when i just feel like being mean and putting a fish in a bucket. I think they make two sizes I forget if the other one is 25 or 75 watt but it looks the same. I ran one off a battery for 12 hours a day for 2 days when i drove and stuck my fishes in the bucket to keep me company.

OP
Tez

Tez

Well Known
jake37 said:
Yea i have one of those i use it when the fishes are sick and have to go into the bucket or i'm sick of a fish picking on another one and it has to go in the bucket or when i just feel like being mean and putting a fish in a bucket. I think they make two sizes I forget if the other one is 25 or 75 watt but it looks the same. I ran one off a battery for 12 hours a day for 2 days when i drove and stuck my fishes in the bucket to keep me company.
Well i did by a 25 watt and had to cancel it, as hubby said it makes the heater work harder for the temp you need, so i cancelled that :rolleyes: and got a 50 watt and the tanks always at 79.4F i keep testing it with my digital thermostat just to make sure but like you say they're good and quite handy, a bit on the expensive side but what isn't in the fish game.

jake37

Fishlore VIP
Yea but there are not very many 50 watt heaters. They ahve larger ones with larger controllers. I have them and like them but they are too expensive. On the positive side i can stick the heaters some place i can't see it and stick the controller on the stand to see the temp.

Tez said:
Well i did by a 25 watt and had to cancel it, as hubby said it makes the heater work harder for the temp you need, so i cancelled that :rolleyes: and got a 50 watt and the tanks always at 79.4F i keep testing it with my digital thermostat just to make sure but like you say they're good and quite handy, a bit on the expensive side but what isn't in the fish game.

OP
Tez

Tez

Well Known
jake37 said:
Yea but there are not very many 50 watt heaters. They ahve larger ones with larger controllers. I have them and like them but they are too expensive. On the positive side i can stick the heaters some place i can't see it and stick the controller on the stand to see the temp.
Yes they do have larger and what i could see on amazon there was 3 different ones but that came in the most popular and i thought give it a go.

I can't see it in my hexagon tank as i've brought a nice silk plant so it won't hurt the betta once the tanks cycled but you can see if reflect from the right side.

Attachments

New Threads