Hygger 957 led with built in timer...warning

BlockHead1981

I bought this light and I hate it. Not only is it a fire hazard, it's a nightmare to program and I am good at these things trust me. Zero stars, good par but the plug for the power gets way too hot, and I am talking about not even after an hour of being on. I know people out there like this light and have had good results, but honestly it is a fire waiting to happen. Unfortunately, I didn't buy it from Amazon rather some Pet nanny website that is horrible with returns. I am going with a Stingray 2 instead, similar PAR and no gimmicks, just on and off and I don't need to worry about reprogramming if the lights go out. I would of gone with a Current USA which I can say after owning several is an amazing light all around, but they don't make lights for a 30" tank. The Hygger won't even turn back on automatically if the power goes out and comes back. I really wanted to like this light, just thought I should share.

86 ssinit

Ok understand your problem. Programming this light is terrible because the instructions are just bad. This video if stopped and you read what’s printed and take your time step-by-step step makes it easy to program. Yes it does get hot. I’m running it for almost 2 yrs since it came out. No reports of fires. It used to be cheap but the price went up :eek:.
Funny I’ve got the current satellite plus and I hate it! Worst most expensive light I’ve bought. It comes with a remote but you have to sit there and change the light modes if you’d like to run it 24/7. Having a remote doesn’t ever make sense.

BlockHead1981

Ok understand your problem. Programming this light is terrible because the instructions are just bad. This video if stopped and you read what’s printed and take your time step-by-step step makes it easy to program. Yes it does get hot. I’m running it for almost 2 yrs since it came out. No reports of fires. It used to be cheap but the price went up :eek:.
Funny I’ve got the current satellite plus and I hate it! Worst most expensive light I’ve bought. It comes with a remote but you have to sit there and change the light modes if you’d like to run it 24/7. Having a remote doesn’t ever make sense.
I'm glad you haven't had a serious issue. I was able to program the light, but the adapter getting super hot is the real issue. I could live with the programming, not the potential fire hazard. I saw reviews of people who had the adapter melt, I chose to ignore them and I'm stuck with an unsafe light. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it can't....catch fire is what I mean. It's not normal to run that hot, not even remotely.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
DarkOne
Replies
Views
TexasDomer
Replies
Views
Aquaphobia
Replies
Views