Hybridization?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Floundering_Around, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Floundering_Around

Floundering_AroundWell Known MemberMember

I was wondering if I could keep celestial pearl danios (celestichtys margaritatus) and emerald dwarf rasbora (celestichtys erythromicron) together?
    On seriously fish, it is advised against because they may hybridize buy has anyone kept them together or noticed this happening?

2. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

My son did (I was not happy about it)and they're now in one of my tanks. There is one CPD with strange markings looking like a hybrid (not on the pic) But they're so difficult to capture on a camera.

b63037ff9231eb232e778df12f00eeb5.jpgc4040e5ab1ad80617692b083c6358f13.jpg

3. OP
    OP
    Floundering_Around

I really love both and if I can get my hands on both that would be great.
    I have a five gallon with scarlet badis and was wondering if I could keep the badis with the dwarf emeralds or celestials, since they are both nano fish. (The one celestial I have is in my ten gallon)

4. chromedome52

chromedome52Fishlore VIPMember

I would never take the chance. I've spawned both species, they breed in an identical manner, and are too similar in appearance.

5. OP
    OP
    Floundering_Around

I want both so I'll probably do the margaritatus in my 10 gallon and put the erythromicron in with my scarlet badis. That is, if I can get my hands on more

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice