Hybrid Oscar breed named "Red and Gold" - anyone seen them before??

RyJo

Reactions
Experience
1 year
So I recently purchased 2 Baby Tiger Oscars and 2 Baby "Red and Gold" Oscars which are white AND black which is something I've never seen before and hoping someone can give me some more info regarding the colouration as I have never come across them before and can't even find them on google!

They are currently in a 200L (which I know is way too small, new tank is on its way) but will be moved to a 600L at the end of next week :)

I have attached a picture below showing their colouration, please let me know what you all think!

IMG_4634.jpg

OP
RyJo

RyJo

Reactions
Experience
1 year
SouthAmericanCichlids said:
They're gorgeous! If only I had a tank big enough to keep them.
Thanks! I saw them and grabbed them instantly!

All 4 of them get on so well!
SouthAmericanCichlids said:
They're gorgeous! If only I had a tank big enough to keep them.
Thanks! I got them as soon as i saw them :D

Here are the Baby Tigers I got together with them!

IMG_4815.jpg

IMG_4799.jpg

OP
RyJo

RyJo

Reactions
Experience
1 year
Fishcat said:
Beautiful! Looking forward to seeing how they grow.
Thanks! Me too!

I'll do a tank journal when I move these guys into their new tank :happy:

OP
RyJo

RyJo

Reactions
Experience
1 year
A201 said:
Very pretty Oscar's. IMO, the faded Oscar's look to be a type of Albino color morph, much like the Albino Tiger Barb.
Ahhhh that seems like a good shout! Im intrigued to see how their colours will develop as they get older as even after only having them for a week the darker of the two "albino's" had got a little bit darker and is colouring up nicely!

Will make sure to post weekly photos :)

!poogs!

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
More than 10 years
Very cool!!!!!!

I think they call those lutino Oscars. Basically any albino morph that’s not a true albino. Very special indeed. They certainly do have that albino look we see in tiger barbs.

I recently made a similar purchase. I have one lutino that is a reverse of Red Oscar, and an typical albino with the Oscar pattern in red, and then a common oscar. Looking forward to more posts to see how your guys colour develops as it gets older. Your Oscars are beyond awesome.

OP
RyJo

RyJo

Reactions
Experience
1 year
!poogs! said:
Very cool!!!!!!

I think they call those lutino Oscars. Basically any albino morph that’s not a true albino. Very special indeed. They certainly do have that albino look we see in tiger barbs.

I recently made a similar purchase. I have one lutino that is a reverse of Red Oscar, and an typical albino with the Oscar pattern in red, and then a common oscar. Looking forward to more posts to see how your guys colour develops as it gets older. Your Oscars are beyond awesome.
I think your spot on!

Exactly what they are :)

I love the colouration on them! One of them has a much darker black/grey trim and he looks wicked!

aquachris

Reactions
Experience
5 to 10 years
So we got two lemon Oscars, one is coloring like I expected but this one is patterning very differently but still had that lemon yellow
MVIMG_20200810_113511.jpg

!poogs!

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
More than 10 years
Drasi said:
So we got two lemon Oscars, one is coloring like I expected but this one is patterning very differently but still had that lemon yellow
MVIMG_20200810_113511.jpg
Very cool indeed.

And I recently got this Lutino weird guy. He’s got the red albino eyes, but he’s not white, and he’s, not red or yellow. he’s this salmon sort of pink colour with absolutely no tiger marks. He’s like a red Oscar that decided to go albino, but only made it part way. Be interesting to see how our Oscars look when they mature.
E9CDB9C3-4225-4EE0-A607-3128164342E5.jpeg
A3B2785A-C6D9-499F-A5FC-CA2E92FE9B25.jpeg

New Threads