Hybrid fry

coastalcoyote

Either there's way more fry than I thought, or they are all surviving. I thought they wouldn't survive cause no food small enough, or the other fish would eat them. Nope?

Eventually they'll have to go, but they are hybrids. Is that a big deal to people if they know they are hybrids before taking them? Would I be able to take surrender them to fish stores? I'm not sure what the next step would be here. It seemed easy if, once I got the mbuna groups I was considering, to find people or fish stores who would want the bitty fish. Buuuut I wasn't expecting hybrid fry cause I thought I currently had all males.

Urgh, the female is my sister's favorite. Really hoping I won't have to rehome her.
Shoot. I can't share the video! How do I clean this tank without sucking up the fry? So many questions
coastalcoyote said:
Either there's way more fry than I thought, or they are all surviving. I thought they wouldn't survive cause no food small enough, or the other fish would eat them. Nope?

Eventually they'll have to go, but they are hybrids. Is that a big deal to people if they know they are hybrids before taking them? Would I be able to take surrender them to fish stores? I'm not sure what the next step would be here. It seemed easy if, once I got the mbuna groups I was considering, to find people or fish stores who would want the bitty fish. Buuuut I wasn't expecting hybrid fry cause I thought I currently had all males.

Urgh, the female is my sister's favorite. Really hoping I won't have to rehome her.
Shoot. I can't share the video! How do I clean this tank without sucking up the fry? So many questions

Betta'sAnonymous

I am sure there is a market somewhere for hybrids specifically, because there is always niche markets for most things! Trouble would be finding those people and they might not be the "right" hybrids. Might be a hard sell to a fish store. But it never hurts to ask.

coastalcoyote

Betta'sAnonymous said:
I am sure there is a market somewhere for hybrids specifically, because there is always niche markets for most things! Trouble would be finding those people and they might not be the "right" hybrids. Might be a hard sell to a fish store. But it never hurts to ask.
Thank you! Hoping for that, then. And I probably wouldn't sell them anyway, just hand them over XD I'm not sure how that works with fish stores, but I'm taking the male I've had to keep separated this whole time to the store next week. So I guess I'll find out?

GuppyGal7

Aha. None of my guppies ever eat fry, so I feel your pain. You could sell then yourself on second hand sites or fine a LFS who will take them. Most people don't seem to care much about whether they're hybrids except enthusiasts.

Latest threads

Top Bottom