Question Hybrid Cory Or Different Species Or Morph?

Latrell

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I had bought 2 Corydoras about a week and a half ago 1 looks quite bigger than the other with a shade of orange on the top and tail fins and a slender snout and the second 1 is smaller with a shorter snout and a dark round spot both sides it's looks like a bronze cory too me ,mind you the pet store workers sold them to me as both Corydoras aeneus
The first 2 pics is the small 1 and the 3rd and 4th pic is the bigger 1. best photos I got bc the camera couldn't focus too well.

Attachments

fjh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They both look like bronze cories (C. aeneus) to me. I can't really see the orange fin, but the size could be due to age, gender, or just genes (kinda like in humans).
I would recommend getting a few more though because they will be much happier and more active in groups

Latrell

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm planing to get six more in and few weeks bc I'm transition from a 20 high to 40 breeder

They both look like bronze cories (C. aeneus) to me. I can't really see the orange fin, but the size could be due to age, gender, or just genes (kinda like in humans).
I would recommend getting a few more though because they will be much happier and more active in groups
I suspect the second one to be a C.melanotaenia.
Yea I typed the species and it looks exactly like the second cory
Pic source is from Wikipedia - Google images

Attachments

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The more pointed snout (compared to aeneus) and yellow fins (though those are hard to see in yout pic) are indicators for C.melanotaenia

Latrell

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
The more pointed snout (compared to aeneus) and yellow fins (though those are hard to see in yout pic) are indicators for C.melanotaenia
Yea sorry its really hard bc there really fast and always in the back of my tank but I found a something that can back ur statement
"This species isn’t seen all that often these days, which is a shame as it’s very attractive when in good condition. It’s also known as the “elongate bronze cory” and with good reason, as at first glance it does indeed resemble C. aeneus quite closely. However on further inspection the differences between the two become apparent. C. melanotaenia is unsurprisingly the more elongate fish overall, and has a distinctive golden/yellow tinge to the fins"

Imma try to get another photo later when it's feeding time that's when it's fully visable

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom