HUUUUGE corydoras in my lfs???

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by neofyt05, Apr 9, 2012.

1. neofyt05

neofyt05 Valued Member Member

Well, I wanted to add another cory to my tank (i now have 3) but in every fish/pet store i go lately i see HUGE corydoras.. and by huge i mean 3.5 inch long and extremely fat like they are on proteins or something. :eek: My corys I have for 2 years now are about 1.5inch long and they didn't grow since I bought them. They are 2 bronze and 1 albino. Will my corys grow to that size? Is this normal?

2. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

3.5 Sounds a bit large but my albinos were close. But they were very very spoiled food wise LOL

3. OP
    OP
    neofyt05

neofyt05 Valued Member Member

Haha.. I feed mine all kinds of food; from frozen artemia to zucchini and they eat like piggies but they stayed small. I've had them for 2 years now and they are still around 1.5inch long. Is this normal? It's a 16g tank with a DG, a black molly and 3 rummynose tetras (survivors).

4. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

sure its normal:) each fish im sure has different genes and as long as they are healthy, thats what matters :)

5. l

luke355027355027 Well Known Member Member

Mine has the same I believe they are emerald cories

6. l

luke355027355027 Well Known Member Member

Green corydoras

7. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

My mama cory was a monster!
    I bet she was all of 3.5 inches!

8. kinezumi89

kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

My LFS has a different type of cories (well, they claim they're a different type) and they are HUGE! Every bit of three inches, and they look disproportionately fatter than normal cories, too. I looked on the website but it must not be updated, as I didn't see them. When I go next weekend I'll take a picture :)

9. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Theyare most likely some type of Brochis which are a cory relative. There re several kinds just like there are several kinds of Corys. As far as I know they need the same care and act the same way.
    Here is an image search I did :)

Carol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice