HUUUUGE corydoras in my lfs???

1. neofyt05 Member Member

Well, I wanted to add another cory to my tank (i now have 3) but in every fish/pet store i go lately i see HUGE corydoras.. and by huge i mean 3.5 inch long and extremely fat like they are on proteins or something. :eek: My corys I have for 2 years now are about 1.5inch long and they didn't grow since I bought them. They are 2 bronze and 1 albino. Will my corys grow to that size? Is this normal?

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

3.5 Sounds a bit large but my albinos were close. But they were very very spoiled food wise LOL

3. neofyt05 Member Member

Haha.. I feed mine all kinds of food; from frozen artemia to zucchini and they eat like piggies but they stayed small. I've had them for 2 years now and they are still around 1.5inch long. Is this normal? It's a 16g tank with a DG, a black molly and 3 rummynose tetras (survivors).

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

sure its normal:) each fish im sure has different genes and as long as they are healthy, thats what matters :)

5. luke355027355027 Well Known Member Member

Mine has the same I believe they are emerald cories

6. luke355027355027 Well Known Member Member

7. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

My mama cory was a monster!
    I bet she was all of 3.5 inches!

8. kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

My LFS has a different type of cories (well, they claim they're a different type) and they are HUGE! Every bit of three inches, and they look disproportionately fatter than normal cories, too. I looked on the website but it must not be updated, as I didn't see them. When I go next weekend I'll take a picture :)

9. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member