Hurt Gourami...?

andiuk

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...

So I noticed today that one of my female dwarf gourami's has a slightly damaged "antena" (sorry, don't know what those bits are called officially)...

It doesn't look too bad... it's just she appears to be missing about 5mm off've the end, and it's ever so slightly kinked... it doesn't seem to be affecting her, she's eating fine, and still swimming about as if she isn't in any pain - but is there anything i can do to help her? Or should I just leave her be until she heals? Will the tip of the antena just grow back!?

Thanks,
ttfn,
Andy

bbfeckawitts

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
We've got Dwarf Gourami's. Although I have absolutely no clue about any of that. :-[

I would think just to let it heal, anytime my fish have gotten hurt, I let them heal and everything is fine. As long as she is acting fine I wouldn't worry.

wolfman21

Valued Member
Reaction score
It will eventually grow back, it will take a while to, though, but it will. She'll be fine. They use those in the wild to find their way around in the murky waters, but it seems like yours is doing just fine finding its way around using its other senses.

andiuk

Valued Member
Reaction score
wolfman21 said:
It will eventually grow back, it will take a while to, though, but it will. She'll be fine. They use those in the wild to find their way around in the murky waters, but it seems like yours is doing just fine finding its way around using its other senses.
Cool! Good to know!

^^^ Thanks guys!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom