"Hungry" my goldfish is an idiot. Funny

1. m-corbett1 Initiate Member

So I'm just on fishlore surfin the forum when suddenly I look over and see "Hungry" my goldfish with a peice of gravel in his mouth...and he's swimming around franticly and hs mouth looks like it was going to rip open....so I franticly grabbed my net and tried to catch him to dislodge this peice of gravel but i the process of him swimming franticly due to the gravel and me chasing him with a net he runs into the glass and pop. all better. haha

It was scary but oh soooo funny when it was all said and done.. I could help but to laugh.:;laughing;D

2. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello MC. Wow. I know that had to have scared you. I think a good many of us Goldie owners have had the same scare. I read another post tonight of the same thing happening. I'm glad everything is ok! I don't know what type of gravel you have in your tank but you may want to consider changing to a larger size gravel/rock. Just something to think about. It may never happen again but you never know.
    Happy Holidays!
    Ken

3. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Wow, I bet hungry gave you a scare! Good thing it popped out and not in.
    Believe it or not, I had to pry a peice of gravel out of a goldies mouth. Twice with 2 different fish!
    I'm glad he's ok. :)

4. KyWildFish Well Known Member Member

Ive pulled a number of things out of my ryukin's mouth. The Moor she shares the tank with never gets in any trouble, but goldie kills me some mornings. They do keep us on our toes.

5. m-corbett1 Initiate Member

haha im glad to see my goldie isnt mentally handicapped.... or maybe all of ours are haha... anyway I have pretty large gravel idk if there is a gradation of gravel but it seems prety large.

6. gremlin Well Known Member Member

You could always go to river rock or some people like sand. Personally, I prefer bare bottom in my pond.