Humu Humu Trigger

fishman705

How would a 1in. humu humu trigger do in a 30 gallon reef with 2 clownfish?

ryanr

As a general rule, Triggers should not be kept with Clowns. Triggers have a propensity to devour most anything in the tank.

Additionally, Triggers are known to devour inverts, and can disrupt your aquascape.

https://www.fishlore.com/profiles_picasso_triggerfish.htm

On a side note- the Picasso (humu) can reach 10" and really should not be housed in a 30G.

fishman705

So really absolutely no Triggers or Tangs can be kept in a 30 gallon reef not even a small yellow tang? Reason I'm asking is because I see so many people doing this knowing that they will have to upgrade or cause stress if they have more than 3 fish in there set ups.

Reefing Madness

You are absolutely correct. You shouldn't keep those fish in a 30g, not even a 2" Tang or Trigger. The other people that are doing this, well, they don't really care about the well being of the fish.

fishman705

Yea I guess since they are interesting fish we can't afford to take the risk.

ryanr

You are absolutely correct. You shouldn't keep those fish in a 30g, not even a 2" Tang or Trigger. The other people that are doing this, well, they don't really care about the well being of the fish.

Or the people doing this are simply not aware of the requirements of the fish

Tangs are very active swimmers, and need swim space. The general accepted minimum tank size for a Tang is 4', but bigger is better.

In addition to swim space, some fish are territorial, and bigger tanks allow them to have their territory.

Reefing Madness

Or the people doing this are simply not aware of the requirements of the fish

Tangs are very active swimmers, and need swim space. The general accepted minimum tank size for a Tang is 4', but bigger is better.

In addition to swim space, some fish are territorial, and bigger tanks allow them to have their territory.

True to a point. And the other is also more true. i've come across more poeple that did know, but could care less. Guess I'm just alittle torqued on that side of things.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jesterrace
Replies
Views
Jesterrace
30 Gallon Tank Damsels?
Replies
Views
RabidCrab
Replies