Funny Humorous Angelfish Stories

inari

So as many of you probably know by now I have two angelfish in a 55-gallon tank (I also have 10 neon tetras, but those aren't really my favorite tbh)...When I first got the angels they were inseparable, I mean right on down to the point where, if you found the one you found the other at the same time, attached at the hip (do fish have hips??? //scratches head//). Then about a week or so later they had a tiff at night I think and Lucy (short for Lucifer) was on the side where the food came in Gabe (Short for Gabriel) was on the other near the bio filter refusing to go anywhere near Lucy. This evening I feed them when I got home about 8 pm or so which is pretty late 'cause lights are out about 9 pm, but my 2-year-old like to feed the fish...I crush the flakes and she dumps them from her hand into the water. Gabe has always been a dainty eater meaning he (I think?) will pick at the food but never scarf it down. Lucy will eat like he (again I think) has never eaten in his life. Lucy will stick his mouth out of the water trying to get food. I tell you that to tell you this: I turned the light on for a few minutes to check the temperature shortly after the lights out, Gabe and Lucy came to see what I was doing (does anyone else have Angelfish that are nosy like this??). As I'm turning the new heater up a notch or two, I look over at the surface of the water to see Gabe sticking his mouth out trying to 'eat' the air!!! What's that about?

So I am beginning to think that Angelfish are about the most entertaining...throw some stories out that you have for me!!!

SouthAmericanCichlids

So as many of you probably know by now I have two angelfish in a 55-gallon tank (I also have 10 neon tetras, but those aren't really my favorite tbh)...When I first got the angels they were inseparable, I mean right on down to the point where, if you found the one you found the other at the same time, attached at the hip (do fish have hips??? //scratches head//). Then about a week or so later they had a tiff at night I think and Lucy (short for Lucifer) was on the side where the food came in Gabe (Short for Gabriel) was on the other near the bio filter refusing to go anywhere near Lucy. This evening I feed them when I got home about 8 pm or so which is pretty late 'cause lights are out about 9 pm, but my 2-year-old like to feed the fish...I crush the flakes and she dumps them from her hand into the water. Gabe has always been a dainty eater meaning he (I think?) will pick at the food but never scarf it down. Lucy will eat like he (again I think) has never eaten in his life. Lucy will stick his mouth out of the water trying to get food. I tell you that to tell you this: I turned the light on for a few minutes to check the temperature shortly after the lights out, Gabe and Lucy came to see what I was doing (does anyone else have Angelfish that are nosy like this??). As I'm turning the new heater up a notch or two, I look over at the surface of the water to see Gabe sticking his mouth out trying to 'eat' the air!!! What's that about?

So I am beginning to think that Angelfish are about the most entertaining...throw some stories out that you have for me!!!
My less aggressive angel does that too for some reason. :confused:

Blacksheep1

Every single angel I’ve ever had has enjoyed a very active appetite , that’s putting it lightly. If you ever feed a pellet type food it’ll usually be claimed and defended before it’s hit the substrate.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
inari
Replies
Views
bizaliz3
Replies
Views
angelcraze
Replies
Views